High RPM sound on idle when in flight

The most mass-produced fighter of World War II
new reply
Fleurdelys
Airman Basic

High RPM sound on idle when in flight

Post by Fleurdelys »

I'm posting on your forum for the first time and would like to start by saying that the A2A 109E is one of my favorite planes to date for FSX. I'm looking forward to the Accusimed version which would really make this the best ever ! By the looks of the Accusimed Spitfire, this would be a real knocker !

I usually attend another forum (Sim-Outhouse) where I stumbled upon a topic which has nagged me for some time when I fly the Emil.
This is an excerpt from a posting which was made by another simmer...
"I had a sound bug where my engine would be stuck on high RPM sound even though the throttle is actually on idle. It only ever showed up if I had cycled through my external views. It happened with all aircraft and i could only fix it by turning sound on and off quickly (q key)".

The fix was not appropriate in my case as I have Windows XP Professional and not the Vista or W7 as the other simmers seemed to have. And this glitch does nnot affect my other planes but only the Emil.

The problem that I have been experiencing is as described above up to a point...

I take off and fly for some time but whenever I would be getting ready to land or would reduce speed, the engine sound would seem to be stuck on high RPM whether I reduced speed by 50% or less down to idle. The high rpm sound would still be there ! Yesterday, I decided to shut down while in flight (not to try below 3000') and there was still an engine with high RPM sounds running with no power on...
The propeller kept spinning due to the force of the wind, which is OK.
This got me to thinking that the sound file and more precisely, the .prop" sounds might be the reason behind this feat...

There are 6 prop sound inside the sound file. Three for inside and three for outside running.
Has anyone ever tried listening to those files ? The 1prop.0 displays the usual fluttering (albeit a little loud) sound associated with propellers. The second one, 1prop.1, is close or equal to an RPM2 engine sound and 1prop.2 is even louder and would probably be equal to an RPM3 small engine sound. These prop sounds are generally there to complement the overall engine immersion and add a little sound to the engine while running. Presently, they seem to be set with a mind of their own which result in an engine running when the engine is shut while in flight and you have the propeller turning by itself in the wind.

The FIX is easy if, as me, you have collected sounds from all over the various downloads that you have made over the years and can find prop sounds with lighter sounding prop sounds (it sounds like turning propeller blades of a big fan).

I renamed the 1prop.0 to 1prop.2 and used my new propeller sounds by renaming them to 1prop.0 and 1prop.1; you do the same for the outside views by placing an "x" before the prop sound...

Hope this will help those who have found this little glitch annowying.

BTW, I made sure that I had not made something to my sound file in the past which would explain this and downloaded a fresh version of the Solo 109E. The corresponding "wav" files are there and as described above.

Best regards,

Fleurdelys

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: High RPM sound on idle when in flight

Post by Scott - A2A »

Fleurdelys,

This is a bug inside FSX, where sounds will not reset. It is noticeable more on the stock files only because the sounds are louder, but the bug is still happening on any softer files.

A quick way to clean out the bug is the power up and down, so all files are triggered.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4”