rmarsh1
Airman

Post by rmarsh1 »

Thanks gentlemen...very nice work.

Roy Marsh

Javis
Airman

Post by Javis »

pj_3 wrote:There is no such possibility to do this in any sim, and once the "F" keys and any other assignable switch are disabled it then becomes a dangerous and difficult operation on approach or on a go-around.
100% agreed,PJ !
Because I find this SO difficult I'm now flying without the use of the flaps - yes - it's that much of an annoying chore. :x
Even more dangerous and difficult! :wink: But are you sure the "F" keys won't work ? They work fine here....

"F8" or "F7" lowers the flaps, "F5"or "F6" retracts them. But you have to hold the keys down ! Check them out while still on the ground, notice the speed.

Amazing external and internal model, textures and sounds ! She flies nice too ! Thanks a lot, A2A !! 8)

Cheers,
Jan

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Here's a video showing the flaps being operated:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qcMjhihuuX8

We wanted to simulate this effort and time as it means you have to fly the 109 differently. You need to be prepared, and sort of have to choose a flap setting that is good for the final, touchdown, and stopping.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

Fantastic update with many additional gems :) The gauge which is showing trim angle is very nice, too.

pj_3
Senior Airman

Post by pj_3 »

Yes - I understand how the flaps work in the real aircraft, Scott - I've actually sat in one (I'm 63, you know) - but that doesn't alter the fact that "feeling" the wheel is not the same as looking down at the wheel while you move the mouse to pull it around. If the Luftwaffe pilots were forced to do this - WWII would have been over by 1942.

Sorry my friend - I love both Spit and 109: the modeling, the detail and realism - the atmosphere, the sounds, etc.. but I dislike this feature intensely and I guess I will reinstall the original and put up with the cloud/prop issue instead.

Best Regards,

pj

(of course, if enough people complain....) :twisted:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

pj, the buttons still work, just hold them down instead of quick press. The longer the button is held down the more the flaps come down. Its how such manual things are simulated in pc flight sim's not just by us, as by simulating one hand having to stay on one function is simulating the way ones hand must stay on the wheel and therefore not just a quick slap of the flaps button.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

For the flap control, one can:
- grab and drag the flap control wheel
- scroll the mouse wheel
- press joystic buttons (with 'repeat' option)
- press F5, F6, F7, and F8 keys.

All you have to do is to press and keep it pressed for few seconds.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

pj_3
Senior Airman

Post by pj_3 »

Aaaaw, shucks... maybe I shoulda done that! :oops: I didn't even look to see if there was any kind of readme or pilots notes attached to the install - nor even if you had something on the web-site - so I apologize. I won't reinstall! :D

You know - the problem is - some six weeks ago I bought a '72 Triumph Bonneville , and have been playing with it ever since. I grew up on bikes, but haven't ridden since 1970, so it's sort of taken a life of it's own, and the sim has taken a back seat. :(

I'm glad to have the patch: you worked wonders with the Spit, and I confess - I didn't spend the time with the 109 that I should have, and many thanks for the several responses.

... and (forgive me Rob/Sean) I prefer flying the A2A Spit over the RA XIV.

Regards,

pj

cisleib
Airman Basic

Post by cisleib »

S!

Great Update, everything works now, even the manual startup procedures can now be executed.

I am very glad!
Christian

SimFreak
Airman Basic

Post by SimFreak »

Thanks so much. It's great to be able to fly this with SP2!

new reply

Return to “ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4”