Zero and Acceleration?

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
stickshaker
Senior Airman

Zero and Acceleration?

Post by stickshaker »

Does anyone know how to make the Zero suitable for Acceleration carriers? Is it possible? I know we now only have modern carriers, but hopefully it will not stay that way... Scott, would it be possible to have an update for the Zero in this respect?

Dangerous Beans
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dangerous Beans »

It already works :)

Tail hook all present and correct in both the visual model and the cfg
No point in adding a launch bar as that would be totally inappropriate and probably wouldn't work on a taildragger anyway.

I just tried it and managed to trap it first try, only problem I had was it nosed over into the deck after it stopped :(
Probably just my lousy technique, I've only managed to trap the FA-18 once so far and that was just a fluke.

stickshaker
Senior Airman

Post by stickshaker »

Thanks, DB. That's good news. Going to give it a try. Indeed, landing the Acceleration F/A-18 is difficult; I haven't yet maneged it. The unstable HUD doesn't help.

stickshaker
Senior Airman

Post by stickshaker »

Hello DB, I ran into a problem. AICarriers suddenly doesn’t work anymore and I used it to insert the Acceleration carrier in Free Flight. So now I have no carrier. How do you ‘generate’ the carrier in Free Flight? Is there another way than AICarriers? Of course I’m trying to get AICarriers back but no joy so far.

Thanks for any help you (or others) can give.

Dangerous Beans
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Are you having the problem with aicarriers2r2 ? as I haven't tried that one yet.

I use aicarriers1 that's just a traffic file that puts lots of carrier groups all round the globe and includes a Google Earth file to show where they are.

stickshaker
Senior Airman

Post by stickshaker »

Thanks for your help. DB. On the following link I discovered the locations of the default Acceleration carriers:
http://www.simtours.net/defaultaircraftcarrier.php
Since this page seems to imply that the default AI carriers are all upgraded with catapults and trap facilities when you install Acceleration (I thought that merely a special carrier was added) it may be that Lamont Clarks aicarriers1 package also uses these Acceleration-enabled carriers. Is this indeed the case DB? I downloaded the program and will explore it this weekend.

stickshaker
Senior Airman

Post by stickshaker »

AICarriers1 works perfectly with Acceleration, as you indicated DB. The carriers are easy to find and there are lost of them. Thanks again! Did not yet try out the Zero but that is a mater of time. On the SOH forums it is stated that the Coral Sea is in the works, so hopefully we will have a straight deck carrier one day.

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”