Mustang question

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
NigeF-51
Airman

Mustang question

Post by NigeF-51 »

Hi all,
I am planning to build a switch panel, similar to Go-Flights SECM using a BU0836 controller and a variety of toggle switches.
What I would like to know is what the assignments are for the various controls, such as the fuel tank selector, which aren't listed on the FSX controls screens so that I can allocate a switch to them. Some of them - like Pitot Heat are listed and work fine with the default key strokes so they will be easy to allocate.
Many thanks in advance,

Should've mentioned this is for flying the Mustang, however, it applies equally to other types.
Regards

Nige

nigel@freestone05dotplusdotcom
[replace dot with . for e-mail]

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Great having physical switches to operate.
A2A Simulations Inc.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

There is no key assignment for fuel selector.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Flashman
Airman First Class

Post by Flashman »

a few months late! but here is how you do it. I also use one of those bu0836 joystick emulators and have set up many of the switch commands

You need to download and purchase a program called FSUPIC 4, go here

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

This program acts as an interface between your controls and FSX, it also does many other things.

The FSX control list does not cover all the available controls, there are many, many more! FSUPIC includes a list of these control, you will be surprised just how many there are!

I have a fuel selector switch which commands the selector and i can pick any tank i like! i do this using FSUIPC, a BU0836 controller.

To do this you need to use the fuel_selector_set command and set the parameter you require at each switch position.

If you have the FSX SDK in there you can find all the switch command parameters for the fuel selector.

....or just go here (it took me hours to find this originally, so i will help you out!)

http://www.fs-seine-75.com/SDK/Core%20U ... lSystemIDs

scroll down to fuel selector codes. I find using Fuel_selector_set and using a parameter works better than using fuel_selector_XXXXX

For the mustang the codes are:

left drop tank = 9
left tank = 2
center tank = 6
right tank = 3
right drop tank = 10

This all works with any aircraft (i have the FSX p51 and the P40, still may favorite plane!), though you spend a lot of time messing about!

One plea to Shockwave (and all other add on makers as well, not just you guys!) is to have as many of the switches in the cockpit assigned to FSX controls as possible, even if they are a control that is outside of the normal FSX list.

This is so cockpit builders, who want to use physical switches can. A few examples from your aircraft are:

The formation light switch in the P40 seems to be mouse click only

gunsight switches on both the p40 and p51.

However...i might be wrong, if i am let me know! I understand that not every control can be mapped as some of them do not have an FSX equivilent, i also understand that the majority of your customers probably dont build their own cockpits, but this would help a fab product be just that bit better for me!

Thanks

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

If the aircraft's designer decides to go outide the FSX and built and include his own systems or features (which are not present in FSX) he creates and uses his own custom perameters for control and animation. Although the FSUIPC could control them as well, it's impossible to list these custom parameters because every 3-rd paty aircraft is unique and use unique names and methods.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

NigeF-51
Airman

Post by NigeF-51 »

Thanks Rob, Scott & Flashman,
I managed to sort out the fuel selector and all the switches using FSUIPC & a BU0836 and my switch panel works a treat. The only thing I haven't been able to find is the necessary code/commands to operate the Hyd 'T' handle other than by the mouse. (a minor problem that i'll live with).
I'm now toying with the idea of making a full-size replica P-51 throttle quadrant & trim panel to use the potentiometer inputs of the BU0836.
Happy Easter
Regards
Nige
Regards

Nige

nigel@freestone05dotplusdotcom
[replace dot with . for e-mail]

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”