new reply
CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Issues with SP2/Acceleration and WWII Fighters

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Posted on AVSIM.com
Wings of Power II: WWII FIGHTERS special edition

DX9 mode appears to function well.

In DX10 mode all of the aircraft are fine except the P-51D, the P47-D, and the A6M Zero, which all have missing textures.

As per Phil's posts I fully expected this. No big deal to me, I'm sure the recompiled textures will be released by Shockwave soon enough.
First, can anyone yet confirm this? Second, is it possible to have these textures updated to ensure compatibility?

Remember, this is JUST when you enable DX10, and will not become an issue to those that continue to run FSX in DX9 mode.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Barvan
Airman First Class

Post by Barvan »

It is not just DX10, there are also some minor issues with the P-51D in FSX-Acceleration under DX9. The VC is full of holes around the plackards and the phillips head screws. The outside world is visible around the edges of these making for a shimmering VC.

Barry

cgrove
Airman Basic

Post by cgrove »

I'm having the same issues with the VC. The areas around the gauges show the outside world and makes for weird looking VC!

AlphaWhiskeyFoxtrot
Airman First Class

Post by AlphaWhiskeyFoxtrot »

I Havent Installed WWIIF pack yet, but i will today, ill check it out. How do you enabel DX10? my card is capable and im using vista.

AWF
Tower: "...and for your information, you were slightly to the left of the centerline on that approach."
Speedbird: "That's correct; and, my First Officer was slightly to the right"

BostonVirtualATC.com

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”