P-51 Cockpit

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
flying junk
Airman First Class

P-51 Cockpit

Post by flying junk »

Hi there,

I've been playing around with Warwick Carter's excellent 'Selectware' P-51 for the last few months but you know how it is - sooner or later you want to come home. One thing that might stop me straying again is a proper civilian cockpit. I mean FS2004 and FSX are civilian sims, right? We all know the guns don't work, just think how much better it would look without that big ugly gunsight in the way. Just a thought.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Perhaps, but I look at it like this.... This aircraft is symbolic in its role as a historic World War II aircraft. Removing these objects and/or having a civilian remake to me is like having an aircraft that isn't true to form. Much like buying a Model T and adding in a new radio, or even having a brand new Stingray and removing the original interior. Even if Shockwave did include such an aircraft, I would never fly it sadly. I want to fly a P-51 as it was meant to be flown, and experience it through the eyes of a World War II pilot. For me, this is the best part of this package.

Just my $0.02.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dangerous Beans
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Well if Shockwave ever do a WoPII P-51 it might be nice to have an air racing variant to go with the upcoming official FSX add on.

flying junk
Airman First Class

Post by flying junk »

That would be the way to do it - give people a choice. You ARE going to do a WoPII P-51 aren't you Scott?!

46th_Terror
Staff Sergeant

Post by 46th_Terror »

I would relly like to see a WOP II Corsair myself before redoing an aircraft already out.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

To be honest, I would love to see a good P-39, a P-38 (sorry, I just don't like ANY of the offerings out there) or even a new FW190 or ME110 before I saw any of the above :D

Corsair would be nice as well.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Mig_Driver
Staff Sergeant

Anchors aweigh!

Post by Mig_Driver »

46th_Terror wrote:I would relly like to see a WOP II Corsair myself before redoing an aircraft already out.
OH HELLS yeah! 'Specially if it's as peach as the P-40.

camaro
Airman

Post by camaro »

I sure would like to have a new F2G2 Corsair, the one with the P&W 4360 engine. Have another payware F2G but it's not that good.

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”