WWII Fighters & WOP Bombers & Jets previous boxed ve

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
George Kuhn
Senior Airman

WWII Fighters & WOP Bombers & Jets previous boxed ve

Post by George Kuhn »

I just want to ask since I do have the Boxed version of the wings of power II WWII fighters special edition,and I see on the box it is FSX compatible.

I have the boxed version of the WOP Heavy Bombers and Jets,and a bunch of paints added as well to all the planes as well.

Will this box versions install into FSX without a lot of problems?,also since I have added a lot of paints to all the acft. included,will they work as well once installed?.

I just added the box version of FSX to my machine on Tuesday.before I add anything to FSX,I want to see if all the previous WOP boxed packages will work in FSX,including all the paints added and all the freeware paints that were added over time.

Thanks for any info before I start adding to FSX.

George

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

George, as I understand it the planes on "Heavy Bombers and Jets" won't work correctly in FSX in their current FS2004 state. I don't even know if they you could install them right off the CD into FSX. You are one step ahead in porting them over, though, as you already have them installed in FS2004 and you can copy them over. From what I've read the planes will operate in FSX but the panels/instruments will have errors.

I believe once the planes are in FSX there are 'do-it-yourself' edits that will make FS2004 planes compatible with FSX. Sorry, I don't know how to do it.

As an aside, the re-release of Heavy Bombers and Jets that is on Aircraft Power Pack has an FSX install option just like WWII Fighters SE.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Just one small point, I found that if you install WWII Fighters from the CD into FSX it will overwrite your initial FSX splash screen unless you back it up and you end up with the FS2004 splash screen with the WoP prop instead :? .

If you want to keep the FSX original you can either rename the file and rename it back again after the install (delete the one WoP puts there first!) or copy it to some temporary location and then copy it back after the install and replace the new one. The file you need to rename/copy is:
  • XXX\FSX\Uires\dlgsplash.bmp
Where 'XXX" is your particular drive/location.
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Hi. Copy the aircrafts and gauges from FS2004 to FSX - your repaints should survive and feel good in FSX.
Then ask here (proper place is the HB&J sub-forum) for help to solve particular faults. We will be able to fix most of them but not all.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”