Pip Sites

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
RAF238thKnight
Airman

Post by RAF238thKnight »

Is there anyway you can make an MDL with a stationary reflector site.

night

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Sorry Knight, I won't do that.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

RAF238thKnight
Airman

Post by RAF238thKnight »

Is there not another way to do the texturing because any effect particle will be block.

Whatever I tried no luck.

Guess Im back to the old mdl.

Thanks anyway.

Knight

Maenniskopesten
Airman First Class

Post by Maenniskopesten »

Was the gun effect in the last update? Or where did you get it from?

RAF238thKnight
Airman

Post by RAF238thKnight »

Gun effects were moved over from another source however I will be completing my own gauges for these planes to add gun sound with tracers.

The tracer effect is what is the issue. The way that they set up the last mdl with the prop has blocked any kind of tracer fire.

I was hoping that they would work with me,.

Scott seamed like a nice guy when last I talked to him on the phone about modeling for him way before FirePower was produced for CFS3.

Knight

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

RAF, it isn't that they "set it up" like that, they have numerous projects and the planes were converted from FS9 to work as best as they could in FSX. EVERY aircraft with a prop that has been converted (and COMPLETELY reworked) has this issue when converted to FSX.

For them to simply remodel those aircraft, really wouldn't be so simple after all. I hope you understand that Shockwave doesn't have much choice with this.

Try those same effects in FS9 and you will find that they work as intended. If you want to blame someone, blame ACES.

As for the stationary pip site, you are essentially asking them to craft something for the model from scratch, which takes longer than perhaps you might think. You are asking them to create a stationary pip site so you can add a machine gun effect from another source (which potentially could be from a competitor if you got it where I think you did.) Scott and crew are great people, but I think you are asking them to do the impossible right now.
ImageImage
ImageImage

RAF238thKnight
Airman

Post by RAF238thKnight »

Sry Cody your wrong in your post.

I loaded the disk and installed to FSX, not FS9 it work great with out a pip.

However in the update to add the pip the way they did it eliminated the ability for flares to be seen past the prop.

So to fix this I took the original mdl and moved it into the folder and I'm back on track.

its ok they have their goals and I have mine. doing mock dogfights in FSX is what I have been working since I got it. the 2 planes:

Spitfire MKI and 109 E4 have been great before there patch v1.2.

once the revi was added they change the prop I do not know what was added or manipulated because I am not the designer only he can possible fix this issue.

If he does not want to then its ok. I will just keep the original version I loaed onto FSX and keep the videos and Dogfights rolling.

Thanks for your reply on this matter.

Knight

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Forgive me, perhaps I didn't understand you clearly.

Regardless, I didn't think it was appropriate to bring in personal feelings on this matter.
Scott seamed like a nice guy when last I talked to him on the phone about modeling for him way before FirePower was produced for CFS3.
Just my $0.02.

Hope you enjoy your aircraft setup. I did something very similar with Dear Connie, my latest FS video.
ImageImage
ImageImage

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Knight, the only reason for the prop set like that is the true reflector gunsight. I spent zillion hours to invent it instead of having good time with family. It is unique, you won't find it any other FS aircraft.
I know and understand the reasons why you don't like it, now you know the reason why I won't resign the true reflector gunsight.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

RAF238thKnight
Airman

Post by RAF238thKnight »

Rob,

I know the hours that goes into a plane just go look at the hurricane model I did fo Sky Unlimited.

I did not even finish that one off because I was fet up with CFS 3. Your gunsite is great I was hoping there could be an easy fix and there is not thats OK.

That was not personal Cody I know what Scott was trying to do for the community at the time and I was trying to hold a small group of realistic flyers together. Some have worked years on MAW and I have DL that and have begun to enjoy it. Its only down fall is the Multiple player.

Anyway Rob great work on the planes. I will just swap the .mdl so we can use the tracer fire which I found out is visible in FSX.

Now think guys you could lead the way in developing the WWII Dogfighting side of FSX. AGAIN tracers are visible to other in Multiplayer games.

YES we have no damage model but that ok its a start and you have 2 of the best planes in WWII Fighter 109E4 and Spit MKI what a battle.

then maybe some one can do BOB england and France land class with airfields.

Only some thoughts for future developement from you guys LOL.

THANKS for resonding Rob and your work is great.

Knight

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”