Zero in FSX - fuel selectors don't work correctly

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
Mustang1911
Airman

Zero in FSX - fuel selectors don't work correctly

Post by Mustang1911 »

In the Zero VC we have 2 fuel selectors.

In FS9 both of these fuel selectors operate fine -- I can click/drag either one and the selector will spin to position I choose.

In FSX I cannot get the forward fuel selector to move at all, and there doesn't appear to be an equivalent function available via a panel screen. The other fuel selector operates, but not smoothly; I have to click/drag it in an odd direction and drag it quite a ways to get the selector to spin. It operates much more easily in FS9.

The WWII FIGHTERS 1.2 patch didn't help with this, and reinstalling FSX and WWII FIGHTERS did not help.

Is this a bug with the FSX version of the Zero or do I need to assign some key to operator the forward fuel selector?

Mustang1911
Airman

Post by Mustang1911 »

Tonight I found i can get the forward fuel selector to rotate to the 12 o'clock position but it immediately snaps back to the 9 o'clock position. I cannot move it to the 6 o'clock position at all.

Again, talking about in FSX here.

Nachtflieger
Airman

Re:

Post by Nachtflieger »

Mustang1911 wrote:Tonight I found i can get the forward fuel selector to rotate to the 12 o'clock position but it immediately snaps back to the 9 o'clock position. I cannot move it to the 6 o'clock position at all.

Again, talking about in FSX here.
Some history...

In Combat Flight Simulator 2, there is an "auto fuel management" selection in the realism settings. In checking this issue (not a problem in FS9), I think FSX is doing an automatic fuel management based on the auto-start feature, which mimics the CFS2 auto fuel management. It's picking the first tank. You can draw from the wing or drop tanks but the Center 2 tank (which holds only about 8 gallons) will not be selectable. To get around this, if it's that critical, change the amount of fuel in the Center 1 tank in the aircraft.cfg file to include the 8 gallons, and delete the Center 2 tank. Same difference.

My A6M5 works almost perfectly in FSX with the exception of this glitch and the blacked out text when mousing the instruments.

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”