P-51D, P-47, Spit - FSX landing lights do not illuminate rwy

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
Mustang1911
Airman

P-51D, P-47, Spit - FSX landing lights do not illuminate rwy

Post by Mustang1911 »

OK, I've got WWII FIGHTERS with the 1.2 patch installed in both FS9 and FSX.

In FS9 the landing lights work (the lights illuminate the runway/ground).

In FSX the landing lights do not work (they do not illuminate the runway/ground). On the exterior of the aircraft (Spitfire, P-51D, P-47) you can see the landing light 'bulb' light up when you turn on it on, but no light is cast upon the ground.

I understand that FSX currently has a bug with Taxi lights not working correctly. But there doesn't seem to be a bug with FSX landing lights. Perhaps in the P-51D, P-47 and Spit maybe you defined the landing light as a taxi light instead of a landing light? And thus you are getting bit by the taxi light bug?

If it helps you solve the problem take a look at your own WoP P-51. I copied this plane from my FS9 installation into FSX and the landing light works on that one. But doesn't work in the WWII FIGHTERS P-51, which is claimed to be FSX-ready.

WWFII
Airman First Class

Post by WWFII »

I have noticed the same thing about the landing lights. The phyiscal light is on, but no light is being cast to illuminate anything.

HAROLD SCHECKEL JR
Airman First Class

Post by HAROLD SCHECKEL JR »

i think that within fsx itself there is a button in the set up area that reads allow landing light to illuminate ground. i'm not sure exactly were it is , but it is within microsoft fsx itself. hope this helps
harold

WWFII
Airman First Class

Post by WWFII »

I have that enabled. It's still not working.

Vox-tm
Airman

Post by Vox-tm »

Landing lights on all converted FS2004 aircraft will not work in FSX because Microsoft changed the way that the illumination works.

With the WOPII aircraft, these were originally developed for FS2004 and use the older method of landing light illumination. The new way is a fundamental change that has to be made in the 3D model of the aircraft - not something that was possible for developers until Microsoft's recent SDK update. However, what it does mean is that any FS2004 aircraft requiring conversion will need to be updated by the 3D modeller rather than just requiring a config file change and a seperate FSX-only model producing.

Whether Shockwave will produce FSX-only models for each of the aircraft in WOPII to include this fix remains to be seen. I'm sure they will, it has just been a question of timing for most developers and they are working hard to catch up to the demand now that the proper SDK tools are available.

Hope this helps,

Voxâ„¢

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”