How many P-47s are there in WarBirds FSX?

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
Manta
Airman First Class

How many P-47s are there in WarBirds FSX?

Post by Manta »

I'm just a bit confused here :? ... I bought the box patched FSX and updated it through 1.2 but I can only fly with a P47. Instead I have read between the lines of this forum that there are many more P-47 variants so far. Did I do something wrong?

Cheers

Manta

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

I think you might be confusing the WWII fighters P-47 with the stand alone payware one. The Stand alone P-47 that came out a while back has more variants. I'll be honest with you as well. If you are a P-47 type of guy the stand alone bird is WELL worth the money!!!

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Yes, the WWII Fighters CD-ROM only has one variant of the P-47 ... however, it has been optimized for FSX as well as FS9.

The download package has multiple variants of the P-47. I think that it is still just for FS9 but check the Online Store area. You can also get other planes that are not on the CD-ROM, like the FW 190 series.

Look here at the P-47:
http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/store/p47/
(I like that this package has the full 2-D panels as well as 3-D virtual pits.)

The Downloads main page is here:
http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/store/
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Manta
Airman First Class

Post by Manta »

Thanks Skycat :)

I hope you don't mind if I ask you what are the birds flyable in FSX. I'm asking this because from the Shockwave online shop, the only pack that can be installed in FSX is the Warbirds one. Though I have read that Doras, Antons and Heavy Bombers can be flown with no drawback in FSX. How is that possible? I haven't been able to sort things out once I download the Anton for FSX for example. Can it be installed as it is in FSX or do I have to tweak the files that come with it?

Thanks for your time.

Salute

Manta

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I've seen threads on this, perhaps at other forums?

This one will give you some insight though:
http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/v ... php?t=6577

Edit: The heavy bombers (and jets) have been re-released as an FSX-compatible pack. Look for the Aircraft PowerPack on CD-ROM.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Manta
Airman First Class

Post by Manta »

Skycat wrote:I've seen threads on this, perhaps at other forums?

This one will give you some insight though:
http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/v ... php?t=6577

Edit: The heavy bombers (and jets) have been re-released as an FSX-compatible pack. Look for the Aircraft PowerPack on CD-ROM.
hello,

I opened the shop page and it doesn't state anything concerning the compatibility to FSX or FS2004 for that matters. I knew from a picture that the Fighters box was for FSX also, but I can't find anything regarding Bombers'.

BTW, SimHq made some beautiful articles concerning how well WB Fighters could install into FSX.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Let me say it again: the new "Aircraft PowerPack" is FSX compatible. It is essentially a re-release of "Heavy Bombers and Jets" but includes some model improvements, two bonus skins, and the "WoP2: WWII Fighters" Mustang. It also includes "FirePower" for Combat Flight Simulator" on the same disc.

Scott says that it will soon be available through the online store. Otherwise, it is currently on retail shelves in the USA ... check BestBuy and EB Games, GameStop, etc.

Edit: the old "Heavy Bombers and Jets" is not FSX ready.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Manta
Airman First Class

Post by Manta »

Skycat wrote:Let me say it again: the new "Aircraft PowerPack" is FSX compatible. It is essentially a re-release of "Heavy Bombers and Jets" but includes some model improvements, two bonus skins, and the "WoP2: WWII Fighters" Mustang. It also includes "FirePower" for Combat Flight Simulator" on the same disc.

Scott says that it will soon be available through the online store. Otherwise, it is currently on retail shelves in the USA ... check BestBuy and EB Games, GameStop, etc.

Edit: the old "Heavy Bombers and Jets" is not FSX ready.
Thanks :D , now the mist into my mind has been blown away. :D

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”