starting engine

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
RevJack
Airman

starting engine

Post by RevJack »

Dumb question but here goes....after I pick a plane in FS9, I am always on the runway (or at the hanger) with the engine already running....now I know I can stop the engine then but how do you start off with the engine NOT running?

Thanks in advance

UberCougar
Airman

Post by UberCougar »

Here's one way of doing it:

Start a flight up at your favorite airfield with a default Cessna parked up.

Shut down the engine and switch everything off (though I tend to leave the avionics switch on)

Swap the Cessna for the WWII fighters plane of your choice and switch off anything left on (e.g. fuel cutoff switches) and save the flight.

Now whenever you start up FS you'll have one ready to start up from scratch - I tend to start most flights this way and have different WoP planes scattered at fields across the UK ready to start up via the checklist. The only thing left to do before starting is set the fuel required and desired weather.

Hope this helps :)

RevJack
Airman

Post by RevJack »

Thanks for the info UberCougar....sounds like a good plan which I will try!!

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Starting a "Cold" aircraft.

Post by cflord »

RevJack,

Another method you can use to set yourself up with the airplane of you choice and the engine shutdown is:

Pick the airfield, weather, time of day, and airplane of your choice under Create-A-Flight and click OK. When the airplane comes up with the engine running, just taxi it to where you would like it parked. Shutdown the engine and turn off all the switches to create a "COLD" airplane. Now save the flight. When you come back into FS2004 go to Select-A-Flight and select the flight you saved with the airplane "COLD", at the airfield you selected with the time of day and the weather already set! Run you checklist, start the engine, and go fly.

Keep the shinny side up and the dirty side down!

Cliff
Ret SMSgt C-130 Flight Engineer :P

RevJack
Airman

Post by RevJack »

Thank you both as both plans work well!! I appreciate it....alot more fun to start with cold engine :D

RevJack

RevJack
Airman

Post by RevJack »

In the BF-109 when I turn everything off then save and come back to the flight, the Master Ignition and fuel cutoff valve come back to the on position everytime....anyone else have this happining?

RevJack

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Starting

Post by cflord »

RevJack,

Some airplanes will do some strange things. The PMDG 737 will not allow me to save some switch positions I would like to save. There are times I like to save the plane of my choice on the end of the runway, engines running, flaps set, radios tunes/nav frequencies set, fuel load set, etc. I also set the heading and course knobs. The weather, time of day, and the airport are also selected. Then I save a Select-A-Flight. When I come back in to fly the flight I made, sometimes the flaps are up or some of the switches are not where I left them. I do not know why this happens, it just does! If you save a flight "COLD" and intend to start with nothing pre-set then you will not have to worry about where the switches are. Just follow the checklist to get the switches back in the correct position and off you go!

Keep the shinny side up and the dirty side down!

Cliff
Ret SMSgt C-130 Flight Engineer :roll:

RevJack
Airman

Post by RevJack »

OK, thanks cflord...I see that I am not alone then....strange thing to happen thou

RevJack

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”