Auto Fuel pump switch question

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
BM357_TinMan
Senior Airman

Auto Fuel pump switch question

Post by BM357_TinMan »

What exactly does this switch do?
I mean, there is already a fuel cock, fuel pump switch, and fuel cutoff switch. Each one of those, I understand, but what purpose did this switch serve?
BM357_TinMan
My planes of interest:
109E4
P51B/C/D
Would love to see WoP planes in X-Plane

BM357_TinMan
Senior Airman

Post by BM357_TinMan »

bump
BM357_TinMan
My planes of interest:
109E4
P51B/C/D

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

It's just the eye-candy animated switch. No function.

regards
ROB

CWOJackson
Senior Airman

Re: Auto Fuel pump switch question

Post by CWOJackson »

BM357_TinMan wrote:What exactly does this switch do?
I was wondering the same thing a while back with a fairly decent Me-262 done by another vendor. I was fairly well into my first flight and looking around the VC when I noticed some switches that weren't well documented (most functions were performed with the 2D panel and pop-up panels).

I toggled one and killed my port engine. I decided to ride it on down on just the starboard engine and see how well it handled. Interestingly enough, the port engine was responsible for hydraulics and the maker of the FS9 version copied that...I couldn't get the gear to cycle. She skidded along fairly nicely on her engine pods for a while...then she flipped up and I ended up looking like a lawn dart.

Since then I've avoided the question, "I wonder what this switch does?"

-E
Senior Airman

Post by -E »

Semi-famous wives tale about a solution to "button-itus". As the story goes, a USAF Egress Maintenance shop rigged an ejection seat display to shoot up 6-12 inches if the handles were pulled. Apparantly it worked well until a General's daughter peed herself. At which point the General took a dim view of the joke.

BM357_TinMan
Senior Airman

Post by BM357_TinMan »

yea, I figured it as eye candy, but was actually curious as to what its function in real life was.

I wish I could get hold of an english version of a pilot's manual for an E-4......
BM357_TinMan
My planes of interest:
109E4
P51B/C/D

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”