Bf-109E prop pitch

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
GP
Airman

Bf-109E prop pitch

Post by GP »

How do you change the prop pitch on this aircraft? I know where the gauge is and where the button it on the throttle but how do you change it? So far the only way from me to do this is change to a aicraft set it there then move back to the 109. I see on the gauge that it looks like the prop pitch changes by throttle but can one change it, like for high alt flying? I hope you guys understand what I am asking.

Greg

-E
Senior Airman

Post by -E »

I believe it's a mousewheel controlled item (I can't use it as my mousewheel is my too often used zoom function).

THORmx
Senior Airman

Post by THORmx »

on the throttle, there is a little black button (on the side of it) that contols it!

SD_Research
A2A Major

Re: Bf-109E prop pitch

Post by SD_Research »

GP wrote:How do you change the prop pitch on this aircraft? I know where the gauge is and where the button it on the throttle but how do you change it? So far the only way from me to do this is change to a aicraft set it there then move back to the 109. I see on the gauge that it looks like the prop pitch changes by throttle but can one change it, like for high alt flying? I hope you guys understand what I am asking.

Greg
Why not use the standard FS controls, such as your joystick slider or assigned keypresses? Just go into your assignments selection menu and set it up as you want and you don't need to use the mouse.

GP
Airman

Post by GP »

SD_Research wrote:Why not use the standard FS controls, such as your joystick slider or assigned keypresses? Just go into your assignments selection menu and set it up as you want and you don't need to use the mouse.
Thanks for your answer but is this not what a VC is for, so you can just click and drag stuff like you would use you hands in the real aircarft? Are is the VC all show?

BM357_TinMan
Senior Airman

Post by BM357_TinMan »

I was wondering about this myself. I have it assigned to an axis on my throttle so it isn't a problem. But wasn't the prop pitch control in the center of the instrument panel in the real 109E. If it was, why isn't it modeled there? I mean, it seems strange that so much of the V/C is done so great and that is left out.

Ofcoarse, I am probably wrong. I am only going off of what I've seen in other E planes made for other sims, and they could have been modeled wrong.

TynMahn

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

I just tried the mouse wheel thing with the prop switch on the throttle and it works great, it's even animated! Thanks! :D

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

The prop pitch is the little, black switch on the throttle. Place your mouse over it (do not click), and scroll the mousewheel to move the prop pitch.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

SD_Research
A2A Major

Post by SD_Research »

GP wrote:
SD_Research wrote:Why not use the standard FS controls, such as your joystick slider or assigned keypresses? Just go into your assignments selection menu and set it up as you want and you don't need to use the mouse.
Thanks for your answer but is this not what a VC is for, so you can just click and drag stuff like you would use you hands in the real aircarft? Are is the VC all show?
ThorMX already pointed out the position of the mouseable VC control; a joystick axis or button is actually much more realistic than using a mouse because it can be adjusted whilst you are flying the plane, instead of having to take your hands off the controls and put the mouse pointer over just the exact location (which moves with the throttle) and scroll a wheel. If you could assign two joystick buttons to the "propeller RPM increase/decrease incrementally" that would be the most realistic possible setup with the 109. Assigning these on something like the CH Products Pro Throttle would work really well. Then you just tap either button to adjust engine RPM whilst operating the throttle, just like the real plane.

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”