Spitfire Mk1A
25%

Total votes: 55

THORmx
Senior Airman

Everyone's Fav plane of WWII Fighters?

Post by THORmx »

Hey fellow WWII peoples!

Just wondering what everyones favorite of the bunch is?

It is tough for me between the revamped P51 and the BF109E-4, but, I say the 109 since it's new :D

alias_unknown_2004
Senior Airman

Post by alias_unknown_2004 »

My favorite is stil the Jug. (I hope if an update for the old version is in the offing, the oil cooler & intercooler shutters will be modeled and a the new mixture gauge is added ;) )

But I must admit i'm having a helluva time learning these other planes. I love the cockpits in the Spit & BF-109, and the Zeke is one of my favorite WW2 fighters. I can watch the BF-109 doing flyby's all day...

AU

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

The Spitfires a real looker and cockpit is simply stunning
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

I think the 109E just edges the Spitfire and A6M5 for me. All the aircraft are of stunning quality. Once the A6M5 is updated I will probably change my mind :)

McMick
Technical Sergeant

Post by McMick »

Heh misread the post, delete this
Last edited by McMick on 13 Jul 2006, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

Thor, you missed a question in your poll... How about, "All OF Them"? :wink:

Which is the answer I would hae to choose. Shockwave has done a magnificent job on every one of them.... IMHO. We should be so lucky, which we truely are. :D
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

I'll let you know in a coupla weeks when I get it... :P On a serious note, it'll probably the 'ol "Jug" though... 8)

John Pimlott
Senior Airman

Post by John Pimlott »

These results so far have quite surprised me. I found it quite hard to make a choice and might yet change my mind some time in the future. It's interesting to see the BF109 doing battle with the Spitfire once more though.
Best wishes.
John Pimlott
:)

-E
Senior Airman

Post by -E »

John Pimlott wrote:These results so far have quite surprised me ... It's interesting to see the BF109 doing battle with the Spitfire once more though.
The results do not surprise me in the least. I believe the Spit would be even closer if we hadn't got a lot of it out of our systems previously. But the sheer quality, and being the only real Spitfire mark worth having (all subsequent marks are like watching a film actress growing old), has made it a serious contender here. *grin* The winning two are the reason I bought the whole CD. And it was indeed worth every penny for just those two. The others are just icing on the cake. *grin*

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

If I can't get rid of the rocket tubes on the P-47 (which means I'll have to go back to my download version) then it might be the "Emil" for me......

John Pimlott
Senior Airman

Post by John Pimlott »

[/quote]
The results do not surprise me in the least. I believe the Spit would be even closer if we hadn't got a lot of it out of our systems previously. But the sheer quality, and being the only real Spitfire mark worth having (all subsequent marks are like watching a film actress growing old), has made it a serious contender here. *grin* The winning two are the reason I bought the whole CD. And it was indeed worth every penny for just those two. The others are just icing on the cake. *grin*[/quote]

Absolutely! And very well put.
What really surprised me is that the updated P-51 isn't level level pegging with the above. Although I must admit that my vote went to the Spitfire. I even prefer it to the RealAir Mk XIV, which I thought would never be equalled in FS9. Then it must be said that all of the Wings of Power aircraft are without match so far. The only problem I have is that all the aeroplanes that I used to enjoy flying have become dull in comparison because I have become so accustomed to WOP VCs. Consequently 2D panels are now almost unbearable.
How spoilt are we?
Best wishes.
John.

THORmx
Senior Airman

Post by THORmx »

I can't believe this post got so much attention :oops:

I was a little suprised at the results....however we do have P51's and P47's seperately available, so that is why there seems to be less votes for them, as we have all enjoyed them well before this package (even though the WWIIF P51 seems much better). We are lucky to have an awesome group like Shockwave fulfilling our WWII air force dreams!

I voted for the 109..as I have been waiting for one of them for a long time, but the Spit is a true gem as well!

CWOJackson
Senior Airman

Re: Everyone's Fav plane of WWII Fighters?

Post by CWOJackson »

THORmx wrote:Hey fellow WWII peoples!

Just wondering what everyones favorite of the bunch is?
I have to go with the P-51D; performance, strength, reliability, firepower, great vision and RANGE.

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

Ya know even though they are all friggin great planes and very well done I just can't get over the sounds of the shockwave planes! People gripe about something being wrong with something of the model or whatever. However with the shockwave planes it's never anything really big. It's the little things that people find. Getting back to the point the sounds are something that if you have a good set of speakers turn them up and just sit back and wow... I can't say for sure how a real Zero sounds other than the video I saw of the last zero flying and it sounds pretty darn close to me... MY favorite thing about the WWII Fighter pack isn't just a plane but all the work that went into them such as the sounds and little animations. I love them all...

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”