BF-109 Question: What is "Nullschuss?"

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
SD_Research
A2A Major

Post by SD_Research »

alias_unknown_2004 wrote:So what does that button actually do when I roll the mouse over it and click it? Is it a safety switch? But then so close to the arming switches would seem redundant. Maybe an indicator light slash reset but as McMic suggests?
It doesn't do anything, it's just eye candy. There is no such function in FS9.

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

Yes, we know that it's eye candy. I believe the question is what does NullSchuss mean, was it in the 109 and what did it do? Thanks, MudMarine

SD_Research
A2A Major

Post by SD_Research »

mudmarine wrote:Yes, we know that it's eye candy. I believe the question is what does NullSchuss mean, was it in the 109 and what did it do? Thanks, MudMarine
We already answered those questions. It means "Zero-firing control button" and our understanding is that, in the real aircraft, it resets the shot counter. It is non-functional in our plane.

McMick
Technical Sergeant

Post by McMick »

I sent an e-mail about this topic to whoever runs that site I linked to. They will hopefully get back to me (or reply in this thread), and we'll get to the bottom of it. I looked through all the manuals I could find online and none of them actually bother to mention it (it seems that this knob may not be in later versions of the 109 at all).

-E
Senior Airman

Post by -E »

In mine, it now is a cheat button to arm all the guns and the cannon at the same time (and I threw in the gear indicator as well)... kind of weird actually being able to fire only one gun in FS9. (although it would be weirder if I actually did some damage to anything. LOL) ...big thanks to Shockwave for using L:Vars!!!

I still think "nullschuss" means "sans footwear" though. *grin*

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

-E wrote:[...] ...big thanks to Shockwave for using L:Vars!!!
-E, you peep that MDL too deep :D

regards
ROB

-E
Senior Airman

Post by -E »

Actually, I don't understand why EVERYONE hasn't been using L:Vars for "unused" switches and whatnot. I'm happy to see this recent trend with payware co's.

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”