WoP v. RealAir Spitfire?

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
thearrowmaker
Airman Basic

WoP v. RealAir Spitfire?

Post by thearrowmaker »

From the screenshots the Spitfire looks great. Just wondering how it will compare with my RealAir Spitfire which will be a tough act to follow. I'm hoping that there will be sufficient variations to warrant a purchase. Most likely I will as to paraphrase a previous post regarding the 109, you cannot have enough Spitfires.

dbr_p
Senior Airman

Post by dbr_p »

Interesting comparison!
The difference between the MkIa (Shockwave) and the MkXIV (RealAir) will be 4 years of wartime aircraft and engine developpement...
PJD

thearrowmaker
Airman Basic

Post by thearrowmaker »

I'm certain that I won't be dissapointed with the Shockwave model. The other packages I have purchased are excellent. As you say the development of the MkIV has several years on the Mk1, and hopefully the Shockwave airfile will reflect this.

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

Let's not forget the RealAir is about 2yrs OLDER....

Crinius
Airman Basic

Post by Crinius »

Panther_99FS wrote:Let's not forget the RealAir is about 2yrs OLDER....
Yes but I must say that the realAir still beats all shockwave products.

mJolner
Airman

Post by mJolner »

I think with really careful comparison you will find that both WoP planes and the Realair have enough differences to balance them out and in many ways the WOP planes are superior.

For instance, while the realair spit has a superb cockpit it is not fully rendered outside of normal viewing angles and there are many missing textures when using track IR. Shockwave has been very good about this and the recent He 219 has reached the highest standard of any fully 3D cockpit of any 3 rd party software for FS9, period. I challenge anyone to give me an example of something better because I will buy it.

Furthermore, WoP planes have superior sound quality. The Realair spit sound is just sub par unless you are hearing impared or have no speakers on your PC this should be clearly obvious.

I mean not to impune the quality of the Realspit but to say that it beats all shockwave planes is silly and not true.

Crinius
Airman Basic

Post by Crinius »

mJolner wrote: I challenge anyone to give me an example of something better because I will buy it.

I just bought this and it ist definitely the King of Addon planes.

http://www.captainsim.com/products/c130/

mJolner
Airman

Post by mJolner »

I just bought this and it ist definitely the King of Addon planes.
I would not argue the merit of the realair spit if I did nt have have an actual comparison myself. I aleady own it myself and fly it regularly. If you are going to make the above statement thats fine, just give me some points to support your claim. Either that or you have none and just wanna stir the hive.

I missed your link at the bottom of your post :oops: but anyway, heh I have this one too, love the lifters, but its VC cockpit is a lot of 2D textures not fully rendered, compared to the Owl, like apples and oranges.
Last edited by mJolner on 14 Apr 2006, 02:00, edited 1 time in total.

-E
Senior Airman

Post by -E »

The only real problem with the Real Air Spit is... it's a Mk IVX. Anything after the Mk I is like watching a leading actress growing old. *grin* The AH Spits are fine, but hit my FPS a little too much to enjoy regularly. All the WoP's to date don't do that, so I'm pinning high hopes on this Spit (& the 109!!!!!).

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

mJolner wrote:
I think with really careful comparison you will find that both WoP planes and the Realair have enough differences to balance them out and in many ways the WOP planes are superior.

For instance, while the realair spit has a superb cockpit it is not fully rendered outside of normal viewing angles and there are many missing textures when using track IR. Shockwave has been very good about this and the recent He 219 has reached the highest standard of any fully 3D cockpit of any 3 rd party software for FS9, period. I challenge anyone to give me an example of something better because I will buy it.

Furthermore, WoP planes have superior sound quality. The Realair spit sound is just sub par unless you are hearing impared or have no speakers on your PC this should be clearly obvious.

I mean not to impune the quality of the Realspit but to say that it beats all shockwave planes is silly and not true.
Considering the age difference between the 2, the WoP version SHOULD be superior....

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Here is a B17 cockpit made well over two years ago.

This still looks every bit as good as the day it was released. A great model can last a very long time.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

Scott - Shockwave wrote: A great model can last a very long time.
Agreed - Captain Sim's MiG-21 originally designed for FS2002 - case in point :D

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

==double post==
Last edited by Dominique on 05 Jun 2006, 10:33, edited 1 time in total.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

interesting.

Mr P_99 :) : "should" as in "has to be" or should as in "probably will be" :D ? I think that RA Spit' is going to be for quite awhile in my hangar... She is indeed a class in her own due to its overall quality in DVC crispness and smoothness AND flight modeling !

Now I got WoP P47 on Dudley Henriques recommandation on Avsim and I must say that it's a very good buy too coming very close and indeed on one aspect (engine sound) is superior.

So if WoP can offer us that kind of quality on their Mk 1A the question is to know how much she will bring us as a new flight experience (I mean not screenshot opportunities) ?

Now If I had my say, the Corsair would be next Wop project :) . The freeware ABC one is quite good but it's freeware with its limitations and the AH disappointing. I'd love to see the WoP P47 quality into a WoP FU4 ! Another would be the P40 or P39, then again what's available is not up to par.
Last edited by Dominique on 04 Jun 2006, 09:30, edited 2 times in total.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

I own both the realair spit and all the WoP planes. While both have thier strong points the only thing that I really don't like about the realair spit is the model they chose to use. I agree with the statement about "Anything after the Mk I is like watching a leading actress growing old". However it is still a friggin great plane and very well made. The one thing that I wish the WoP planes had is the ability to blow engines if you over do it like the realair spit can. I have no idea how involved that is to make that happen or make the plane calculate when it's suppose to blow but it would be cool. I like flying the most realistic settings and planes so most of the time I'm in a WoP plane for my WWII birds for sure.

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”