Wings of POWER "WWII FIGHTERS" SPECIAL EDITION

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
Maggot
Airman Basic

help to while away the seconds

Post by Maggot »

Scott I know you must be anxiously gnawing your fingers down waiting for our announcement that we are about ready to purchase this new special ed.
all the retraded gym teachers have lobbied for-
Please rest azssured that we will let ya know in time to get the walmarts and KFC stores stocked with a few of them Faberge eggs that'll contain the DVD packs.

I (me and the boys) wanted to help you thru this tense period... distract you.
Sooooo...
Would you tell us a non-committing and fully-deniable (there must be lawyers lurking, they're everywhere, y'know) notion:
What kind of hardware will be likely appropriate to crank up eye candy to the maximum while sustaining at least 30fps and 32 bit color on a 1280 x 960 (or less if you'd prefer) resolution of about 70 Hz?

Will a P4 3GHz (WXP.Pro.SP2) i865PE with 1 GB DDR RAM and 6800GT 256MB vga (agp) card be terrific... just adequate?
Non-binding, Scott.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

These latest aircraft are not resource hogs - they are quite efficient and in line with other Wings of POWER aircraft in terms of demand on the system resources. Like anything else, they have evolved as we improve our techniques.

I have a P2.4 with a GF6600 and ATI 9600, and have absolutely no issues with performance at a full 1600X1200X32 res with FSAAX2. In fact, all of our movies are taken on this system, so you are seeing framerates of a system not only displaying the aircraft, but capturing the movie. I hope this helps.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

kubanskiloewe
Airman

Post by kubanskiloewe »

hm, i´d like to see some screenshots about the Bf109 cockpit or a little Video from all Planes; because the Spit cockpit is great but the Zeke isn´t equal and I personally dont like it how it looks.

Maggot
Airman Basic

Post by Maggot »

"P2.4 with a GF6600 and ATI 9600, and have absolutely no issues with performance at a full 1600X1200X32 res with FSAAX2. In fact, all of our movies are taken on this system, so you are seeing framerates of a system not only displaying the aircraft, but capturing the movie. I hope this helps. "

Scott, do you realize that God knows evry fib you tell?
That God tells Santa?
MAybe you should sit down, breathe deeply. And sober up, for heaven's sake.
Then with clear conscience, let us know if you want us and Santa to take you literally?
Cuz, it'd be an amazing achievement to have the rig you described render anything better than a stuttering corrupted abstract nightmare.... No way eye-candy enabled whole hog on that rig... did you mean a monochrome 14" CRT at 16 fps?
Scott. Santa and God (me too) are gonna be sore disappointed if you are exagerating as much as I'd thought to get such beauty at this price.

Then again, God loves fools, drunks, and flight-simmers (combat esp.)
Put....aren't ya pushin' it a weeee bit?
Hotdam I cannot wait!!!!

Villicus
Senior Airman

Post by Villicus »

kubanskiloewe wrote:hm, i´d like to see some screenshots about the Bf109 cockpit or a little Video from all Planes; because the Spit cockpit is great but the Zeke isn´t equal and I personally dont like it how it looks.

I know it's hard to take, but the Japanese, for whatever reason, put a butt ugly cockpit in a real nice looking airplane. I think Shockwave has rendered it very well.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core
Asus 5870 Eyefinity 6 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

George Kuhn
Senior Airman

WOP Special Edition

Post by George Kuhn »

Just another question

I received my boxed edition of WOP WWII Fighters the other day.

I want to ask before i install it are there any updates,etc,etc and how does it get installed.And where does it show up once it is installed into FS9?.

THX

George

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Just run the installer and then run FS9, and the aircraft will exist under the WWII FIGHTERS heading.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

SeaVee
BDG

Post by SeaVee »

Ordered my copy last night.

Will be checking the mail daily and give a report. I've been so caught up in BoB2 that I have to refresh my memory on how to run CFS3..... Its been a loooong time.

I only wish someone, anyone at all - could make CFS3 planes have similar force feedback effects as the A/C in BoB2. THAT would be awesome.

I have a feeling the game engine of CFS3 simply won't allow anything even approaching the FFB effects of BoB2....

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”