What will run on Win7? Anything?

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
dnvigerjr
Airman Basic

What will run on Win7? Anything?

Post by dnvigerjr »

I have the WWII Fighters Wings of Power II, and recently installed Windows 7. Is there any way to run this simulator on Win 7? Are any of A2A Sims able to run on Win 7?

Thanks so much

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: What will run on Win7? Anything?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

All of them are Windows 7 compatible. Most of the team are now on the 7 OS platform.

There are some quirks to getting things to run though, re: UAC and 32 v 64. I personally run 64 Win7 Pro system, since before initial release of Win7 as I am inthe industry. I have had no problems whatsoever, however as mentioned I am in the industry somewhat so know the windows basics that have remained the same since win95'ish and before.

If you are having an issue let us know what it is and we will see if we can get you flying asap.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

dnvigerjr
Airman Basic

Post by dnvigerjr »

Thanks for that information. When I run it on my Win 7, 64-bit, 12 GIG Memory, Aesus card, i7 based motherboard/Renegade, I get an error message, as though it is kicking it out because of my system. I really hope with your help I can get it to run. I, too have been enjoying flight and fighter sims since win98 days, etc.

Dave Viger

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

I cannot help unless you give more information. When do you get an error and what does the error state?

If its a security error then it will be because of the security settings on your system. You may need to run the installer as top level administrator. To do this navigate to were the installer is located on the hard-drive or disc and right click the installer, select run as administrator.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Post by mountainhighair »

I too have that same box set and am running it with no errors or issues on Win7 Home 64 bit with the stats listed below. Feel free to PM me if you have any more issues or questions.

John

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”