Wings of Power II WWII Fighters Special Edition

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
George Kuhn
Senior Airman

Wings of Power II WWII Fighters Special Edition

Post by George Kuhn »

Hello all.

I'm not sure if my question is in the correct topic page?.

I have your boxed versions of the WWII Fighters Special Edition,which is Microsoft FSX Compatible,and has the Gold seal on the box stating so etc.

I'm tring to install your boxed product I have on my FSX machine.It should work,but a get an error when running the CD.

The error reads as follows:File Corruption found in your FS2004.Please Re-install FS2004,than install Wings of Power.For further assistance contact Shockwaveproductions for further assistance.(Now A2A Simulations).

I no longer have FS-2004.It should have installed in my FSX,since it is compatible with FSX.I would think I could get a patch/fix of some kind,so I can install the boxed CD I already have

Is there a fix/patch available for the boxed payware product I have, so it will install in FSX?,or do I just throw it away etc.

THX

George Kuhn

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Wings of Power II WWII Fighters Special Edition

Post by Norforce »

Hi m8
What OS are you using if it is after XP then you should have put the FSX in its own Directory. If you have another drive put it there dont install under the default path.
If you don't have another drive put it on the C drive but say uner a GAMES Folder ie:C:/GAMES/FSX hope this helps
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

George Kuhn
Senior Airman

Post by George Kuhn »

I'm using Windows 7 OS.

I currently have four 250GB HD's.My FSX is loaded on My F:\Drive. I was using Windows XP,before I re-built my gamer machine,and my FSX was on my F\Drive as well.

I've already added numerous payware planes and scenery's to my FSX,and the .exe installers do find where my FSX is,and I don't have to browse to find it etc.

When I start the exe installer,it shows C drive.I then direct it to my F drive where my FSX flight sim is.When I click continue,this is when the error comes up.It wants FS9 reguardless,even though the product is compatiable with FSX.

George Kuhn
Last edited by George Kuhn on 12 Oct 2010, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

Np it was just a thought because it would have been asked :-)
Sorry i
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

It's been a long while since I've installed "WWII Fighters" (and I've never installed it under Windows 7) but it seems to me that you should be prompted at the beginning to choose whether you want to install to FS2004 or to FSX. Are you seeing anything like this when you first put the CD-ROM in?

BTW, I've installed "WWII Fighters: Special Edition" to both FS2004 and to FSX. In the case of FSX, at least three times because this is my second computer and my third harddrive.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

George Kuhn
Senior Airman

Post by George Kuhn »

No. When I put the CD in it starts up the way it should.As I continue I don't get the box,that gives you an option to select FS9 or FSX to install.A lot of my payware products FS9/FSX,do come up the way you mention.I tic the sim I want it loaded to etc.

I even tried to extract it to a temp folder,to do a manual install.It won't let me do that either.I did expect to see the option box,but it's just not there.I think even if A2A sent me a downloaded version of the WWII Fighters Special Edition,I think I would have the same issue.The box won't be there to choose which flt. sim I want it to go in etc.

Don't know whats next.I'm probably on the loosing end of this product.If it ever gets installed,I'll probably have to seek out any patches/fixes that were available for this product.

GrayRider

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Several years ago I tried to reinstall Combat Flight Simulator 3 and "FirePower," and for some reason half of the planes wouldn't appear no matter what I tried. I had--up until then--no problems with FirePower even through multiple rebuilds of CFS3 due to modding experiments gone awry. After that, I never could get FirePower to work correctly on that computer. All I'm saying is that I sympathize with your plight.

It seems to me that components of your old FS2004 is still somehow affecting the installation process. Perhaps FS2004 is still appearing in the registry? Anyhow, there are some good suggestions in this thread: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... =25&t=6718 If the registry cleaner doesn't solve the problem, perhaps simply reinstalling FS2004 might. At least you could enjoy the WWII Fighters pack in the iteration of Flight Simulator that the package was actually was built under -- the models on the CD are all optimized for FS2004. The CD was released about the same time as FSX, so the "FSX compatibility" was more or less a bonus.

The first major patch is the 1.2 patch and that should be applied regardless of whether you have installed to FS2004 or FSX. You can find that as a sticky in this forum. After that, if you still can't reinstall to FSX you might be able to manually copy over your models from FS2004 to FSX. There are threads that explain how to do this for some of the other FS2004 products like, for example, the Wings of Power Thunderbolts mega pack.

A2A Simulations waited a few years before creating patches to make the FSX versions of the P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire and Messerschmitt true, native FSX products; the Japanese A6M forever remains an FS2004 port-over. You can find the FSX update patches as stickies in the Wings of Power II forums for each of those four aircraft.

Good luck, I really do hope you can get this sorted out and enjoy the models in FSX.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

George Kuhn
Senior Airman

Post by George Kuhn »

As I was saying the machine my FSX is on never had FS-2004 installed on it.That machine is long gone!!.So there is no registry issue in my case.When I had FS-2004 I was running two different computers.One had FS9 only and the other had FSX on it only.

On my current FSX machine I do run a program known as RegVac,which is a registry cleaner.

So it's back to my same problem.The WWII Fighters Special Edition will not install on my FSX machine.

GrayRider

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Very strange indeed.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

George Kuhn
Senior Airman

Post by George Kuhn »

I did click on the thread mentiond above.None of the topic info will solve my issue.It seems to lead to the same problem I currently have.When I saw where it thinks it is,I had to change the path to F:\FSX This is my FSX path.All my addon payware planes and scenery's find my mentioned path when I run the .exe file with no issues.

So I think it is the CD itself,knowing it was developed for FS9 from the get go.I did see the info about the patch for this product.Well I have to have the product installed first,before I can run the patch.

If the WWII Fighters Special Edition would have been for FSX only.I probably would not have an issue.I don't want to put it in the trash can,since I paid for it,and it should work in FSX,based on the gold seal on the box (Compatible with FSX).I like buying the products that are for both FSX-FS9.I kept mine because later on I was building an FSX machine only,which is where I'm at now.The CD just won't install it to my FSX.

GrayRider

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello George,

It might be an idea to insert the cd, navigate to the cd then open the setup manually by right clicking and selecting to run as administrator.

Its been a while since I had to run the CD but I do believe it should be asking you if you want to install FSX or FS2004.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

George Kuhn
Senior Airman

Post by George Kuhn »

Lewis.

I am the administrater of all three of my computers.I followed your instructions,and I did get a little further.I did get to the box to select FS9 for FSX.I ticked FSX.it did not detect what drive my FSX is on,I then took it to my F:\FSX,as it proceded the box that would say it was ready to install.I then clicked next.This is where the corupted error box comes up,the same error message as mentioned above in my topic.This time it say's my FSX has a crrupted file.Where as before it said my FS9 had a currupt file etc.

I do not have any A2A products installed on my FSX computer,as I did when I had my FS9 machine.That machine is long gone.

There is nothing wrong with my FSX machine,in fact I have very little installed in it,since the machine is rather a new home built machine.

So.I don't know what else to do.Is there anyway to extract all the files to a temp folder from the .exe file,to do a manual install etc?,otherwise it's not going to work.
I think your way Lewis,was my last resort.Maybe someone could send me the necessary files/folders from the package,and I could go from there.At least I'll have the planes back.I even have the same problem with the Butcher Bird as well.That exe installer does the same thing.I'm not sure if it was compatiable with FSX,but I still have it.

George Kuhn

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ahh wonderful George :)

So long as you get the FSX corruption message all is well, at least you are now up to a common problem of fsx users.

PC's for some reason seem to regualr trash the FSX registry, so although FSX runs fine parts are actually missing meaning certain installers wont work, unfortunatly you have now come to this point.

Hopefully the next step should sort you out,...

Flight 1 have a handy little reg repair tool found here;
http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

With a bit of luck this should fix you up. Then once again run the CD by right clicking run as administrator (this is needed because this administrator is a step above normal admin accounts, kinda super administrator).

Hopefully fingers crossed that should sort you out. Unfortuatly this is a common issue hence flight1 releasing the tool, and I often have to point customers and geenral people in toruble to the tool. Its best saved as no doubt it willbe needed at a later date if you have any other issues with installers for FSX.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

George Kuhn
Senior Airman

Post by George Kuhn »

I clicked your link.I assume you are referring the the FS9/FSX Registry Repair tool correct?.How do I use it once downloaded?.

When I run it I hope it doesn't mess anything up I already have installed etc.

THX

GrayRider

George Kuhn
Senior Airman

Post by George Kuhn »

Lewis.

I did run the FS9/FSX Registry Repair tool,but sad to say I still have the same problem.here are two attached screenshots.In the one shot when I direct it to where my FSX is,it will show F:\ I than have to add the FSX to the linewhich is F:\FSX.

Not sure whats next?.

GrayRider

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”