prop problem

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
st82nd
Airman

prop problem

Post by st82nd »

is there a way to change the prop texture or any aircraft texture from bmp. to dds. . because all your native fs9 plane propellers hide behind the clouds and autogen on FSX.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: prop problem

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Many of the planes (Spitfire, Bf109, P-51 and P-47) have been converted to FSX and can be freely downloaded here on this forum as updates. However, short of that, there is no other possible way as the model must be recompiled through the FSX SDK in order to work.

The Zero did not get this treatment, sadly.
ImageImage
ImageImage

albertsch
Airman

Post by albertsch »

I am very disappointed in the "Solo" Spitfire. Had I known how really bad the prop on this model is -- it wipes out all autogen and clouds utterly -- I would never have bought it. I believe there should be some mention of this "effect" -- I would honestly call it a defect in terms of FSX -- on the site so that the buyer is forewarned.
Albi

"Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius." --- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

FSX updates:

* Wings of Power 2 P-51D "Mustang" (for both the WWII Fighters CD version and the SOLO version)

* Wings of Power 2 Spitfire (for both the WWII Fighters CD version and the SOLO version)

* Wings of Power 2 Messerschmitt Bf109E (for both the WWII Fighters CD version and the SOLO version)

* Wings of Power 2 P-47D "Thunderbolt" (for both the WWII Fighters CD version and the SOLO version)
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

albertsch wrote:I am very disappointed in the "Solo" Spitfire. Had I known how really bad the prop on this model is -- it wipes out all autogen and clouds utterly -- I would never have bought it. I believe there should be some mention of this "effect" -- I would honestly call it a defect in terms of FSX -- on the site so that the buyer is forewarned.
Download the FSX patch. The SOLO download is the model that was built for FS9 but made compatible with the very first release of FSX, before Microsoft released the FSX service packs and the Acceleration expansion. The FSX patch addresses issues by recompiling the model to meet the current FSX standard.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

albertsch wrote:I am very disappointed in the "Solo" Spitfire. Had I known how really bad the prop on this model is -- it wipes out all autogen and clouds utterly -- I would never have bought it. I believe there should be some mention of this "effect" -- I would honestly call it a defect in terms of FSX -- on the site so that the buyer is forewarned.
This was fixed via the patch found in the spitfire forum, under the announcement FSX Patch.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

albertsch
Airman

Post by albertsch »

Thank you, Lewis. I shall go seek relief. ;)
Albi

"Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius." --- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

albertsch
Airman

Post by albertsch »

Alas, I downloaded the patch. It steps me through the usual folders down to FSX, but it cannot seem to find the Spitfire and tells me it cannot install the patch. Very confusing.

The installer tells me I do not have a "valid FSX installation." It cannot find FSX, even though it is installed under the usual "Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X" path. More importantly, FSX works fine!

When I choose to use the "browse" feature to locate the Spit manually -- which is listed under WWII Fighters, all I see are the Gauges, Modules and a Sim Flyer folder! "Airplanes" does not appear in the list at all.

I am now going to re-install the Spit from the start and see what develops.
Albi

albertsch
Airman

Post by albertsch »

I am informed that I may not reinstall, but must download again. How to proceed?
Albi

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Check this tool to make sure FSX is registered correctly and then try the patch again.

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

If using Vista OS, disable the UAC, perhaps? I don't know if Windows 7 is similarily intrusive.

I never install games, programs, addons to the default "Program Files" folder anymore and I generally don't have any problems with patches or other compatibility issues.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”