Cant't start P-47 Engine

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
GlennC
A2A Master Mechanic

Cant't start P-47 Engine

Post by GlennC »

Good Morning - I have the P-47 with the FSX update, including the mag switch fix. I still can't get the engine started. The start switch won't stay up long enough for the engine to catch. It stays up just a second or two. I have tried all the mouse combinations I can think of. The prop turns a few blades, then nothing. Its kind of like the three button 377 start procedure except the right button isn't there. Of course, Ctrl-E works, but that's no fun.

Glenn

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Cant't start P-47 Engine

Post by Skycat »

Scott posted that the fix patch uploaded yesterday was wrong but the correct fix is now available. Try downloading it again.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

GlennC
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by GlennC »

Skycat,

I already had that update loaded. But, I loaded it again. The date on the ZIP file is 8/28. The procedure I'm using is:
Battery on
Generator on
Nav Lights on
Mixture full rich
Mag switch to both.
Start to Engage - but it won't stay there. The starter engages, a few blades go by, the switch drops to off. If I do that two or three times, the mag switch will switch itself off.
Then, because I want to fly, Ctrl-E.

Place this in the category of mildly irritating. It's actually been there since the original release - I hoped it would be fixed this time.

Glenn

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I know the problem you're refering to now. Did you read this thread?
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... =25&t=8413
Skip to about halfway down.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

This issue should have been addressed in the P-47 patch for FSX. While this issue is not present in the FS9, some of the aircraft had to be tweaked and re-exported through the FSX SDK to work properly. I'll get back to you with an answer shortly. If this is found to be true, I'm confident we will get a patch out quickly that you can re-download that will fix it. We know exactly where the problem is.
ImageImage
ImageImage

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Ok, I can confirm the issue is there. I'll notify the guys that can fix this proper and hopefully they should have a quick replacement patch out this weekend. We apologize for any inconvenience.
ImageImage
ImageImage

GlennC
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by GlennC »

Skycat,

Stuntie's note from over a year ago needs refreshing - the fix was "Changed starter torque to 0.1." That's got it.

Many thanks,

Glenn

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

GlennC wrote:Skycat,

Stuntie's note from over a year ago needs refreshing - the fix was "Changed starter torque to 0.1." That's got it.

Many thanks,

Glenn
This will fix the issue, but a more permanent answer is necessary from our end so customers don't have to fish this stuff out.
ImageImage
ImageImage

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

The issue has been sorted.
Scott - A2A wrote:Yes, you can now appreciate all the little surprises we've had to endure with this change over to FSX. This isn't a complaint, just that things are rarely simple.

In your aircraft.cfg, go to this section:
[piston_engine]

and make sure this line appears as such:
normalized_starter_torque=0.1

This has also been updated in the patch and solo pack installers if you wish to re-download.

Scott.
Good luck folks!
ImageImage
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”