P-51 Model question

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
jankees

P-51 Model question

Post by jankees »

Hi,

I've been repainting the Shockwave P-51 for slightly over a year now, and I have a question.
I've done a lot of repaints for P-51's based on Iwo Jima in 1945, much to the delight of several veterans that are still around. They always have the same comments though: their aircraft were equipped with three aerials, two parallel ones next to each other behind the cockpit, and one below the nose, pointing down, and they had no wire antenna.
I was wondering if it would be possible to adapt the model file so that it shows the aircraft they flew, so without the wire and three antenna on the fuselage? Personally, I have no idea how difficult this would be to accomplish, but I do believe you'd make a few veterans very happy.
Should you wish for additional information, I'd be happy to supply images.

Jan Kees Blom

jankees

Post by jankees »

anybody??

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I dont think it will be possible to re-exprt a changed model just for this new model but maybe it could be done quickly when we are doing the FSX updates for the WWII pack.

I will just go get rob and drag him over here,
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

This woudn't be too difficult, it's more a kind of logistic problem. We would have to include additional Iwo Jima models in the incoming - already "big" - update. However I think we could think over this idea later.
So, Jan, stay tuned, please.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

jankees

Post by jankees »

ROB - Shockwave wrote:This woudn't be too difficult, it's more a kind of logistic problem. We would have to include additional Iwo Jima models in the incoming - already "big" - update. However I think we could think over this idea later.
So, Jan, stay tuned, please.

regards
ROB
Sounds good! I will most certainly stay tuned, if there is anything I can do (new paintjob, pictures) to help, please say so.

Jan Kees

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”