Horton 229

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
snave
Staff Sergeant

Horton 229

Post by snave »

Guys,

Not sure where would be the best place to ask this, but I was at my Uncles today and he has a jet fetish. He'd just bough the SkyUnlimited Horton 229 and offered me a quick go.

Is James Lambert of SkyUnlimited anything to do with Shockwave? Only he seems to follow a somewhat similar business model, and the throttle panel on his 229 looks awfully similar to the Shockwave FW190?

Also, in the sound folder there's a reference to the exact sounds for door opening and door closing from the Arado 234.

I assume that if he'd got permission he'd have put something in the readmes or on his site, but I don't think he includes manuals with his products as I couldn't find any permission statements or anything.

Nor wanting to tell tales, and I hope it's just me, but someone with both might want to cross-refer and check..? Vintage jet's aren't my thing (not my uncles' either, normally!) or else I might! :roll:
Simon Evans

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

Jesse Lambert contributed to the Shockwave Ar234 (you'll see his name listed in the credits) in the original/first "Heavy Bombers & Jets" release.

So the reference/material you're talking about could very well be his...

snave
Staff Sergeant

Post by snave »

Only if the licence/agreement/contract permitsm surely? The intellectual property rights would not extend to re-dstribution unless the contract was very shoddily worded, I wouldn't have thought.

And in any case, why should a contribution to one aircraft by one developer entitle that person to share the same file with another, any more than the rights of one indivisual to enjoy that aircraft gives them any right to share? In fact, quite the opposite may be true - the developer may have fewer rights to distribute.

Anywho, it's not my sausage, just thought someone needed to know, is all. Obviously there's no intent to hide this, or else SkyUnlimited could have remade or altered their files to avoid any such accusations. One just doesn't expect to find one dvelopers payware files cropping up in a completely different payware developers product. :wink:
Simon Evans

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

snave wrote:Only if the licence/agreement/contract permitsm surely? The intellectual property rights would not extend to re-dstribution unless the contract was very shoddily worded, I wouldn't have thought.

And in any case, why should a contribution to one aircraft by one developer entitle that person to share the same file with another, any more than the rights of one indivisual to enjoy that aircraft gives them any right to share? In fact, quite the opposite may be true - the developer may have fewer rights to distribute.

Anywho, it's not my sausage, just thought someone needed to know, is all. Obviously there's no intent to hide this, or else SkyUnlimited could have remade or altered their files to avoid any such accusations. One just doesn't expect to find one dvelopers payware files cropping up in a completely different payware developers product. :wink:
Notice I used the word "could".... 8)

snave
Staff Sergeant

Post by snave »

Yep, noted mate. :lol:
Simon Evans

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”