FSX Accelerated P-51? Racing Mustangs?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

FSX Accelerated P-51? Racing Mustangs?

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Ok, so with the release of FSX Acceleration a new P-51 is on the block... Now, fans of the Shockwave P-51D shant be worried however (like I was at first.) If you are a racing fan, you are indeed in luck. This is no P-51D war variant such as that offered by the prestigious Shockwave, this is a racing variant, with all the modernizations you might expect of such a machine.

A few pics perhaps? Why of course.....

As you can clearly see, the "pit" is MUCH different than we have come to expect. This cockpit is completely modernized, contains navigation instrumentation and all the other goodies you might expect from a "not so vintage" Mustang. I wonder what they changed under the hood?

Still doesn't shake a stick at the P-40s beautiful teeth... actually, it looks quite odd on that smooth engine cowling...

If you have a keen eye, you might see that this is Reno. This is where the Mustang in Acceleration is going to be at home. They redid Reno-Stead from what I can tell and made a nice race course for the Mustangs to "romp" around in.

And now, the new textured aircraft. As far as I know, these are all of the included aircraft paints that Microsoft has done.

So, you REALISTIC P-51D fans (especially those of you who appreciate the historic realism of the Shockwave P-51!), fear not, these P-51s are not treading on Shockwave's ground. If anything, they will be a nice compliment to our old friend....

Images courtesy of FlightSimWorld.com, Cell and Mango.
ImageImage
ImageImage

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

D'oh! FS2004.com is jacking up. Here are some pictures proper. Just imagine the subtitles and text above to these pictures instead :D

ImageImage
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”