VRS F/A-18E...

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Storm
Airman

VRS F/A-18E...

Post by Storm »

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Ok... that is exciting.... I have to admit...
ImageImage
ImageImage

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Michal - A2A »

It is very exciting indeed. Does anybody know relase date?

reflected
Master Sergeant

Post by reflected »

Wow :shock: is it a shockwave plane?

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Michal - A2A »

No, its Vertical Reality Simulations F/A-18E for FS:

http://www.vrsimulations.com/

AFAIK it's one of most advanced addons for Flight Simulator series.

SteveK
Airman Basic

Post by SteveK »

I don't intend to spoil the fun here, but have you asked permission to post these screen shots here?

I know for a fact that these screen shots are of the early development stage, maybe Beta 1, of this Rhino. If you would like to find out more about this F/A-18E, the website was listed in a previous post. That is where development screen shots are posted. This is a Shockwave forum.
Steve Knight

AlphaWhiskeyFoxtrot
Airman First Class

Post by AlphaWhiskeyFoxtrot »

from what i read on the site, this rino is going to rival the shockwave planes in realism, they want to fly it "by the book"

No Worrys Shockwave, You still have a loyal costomer! :D

AWF
Tower: "...and for your information, you were slightly to the left of the centerline on that approach."
Speedbird: "That's correct; and, my First Officer was slightly to the right"

BostonVirtualATC.com

John Pimlott
Senior Airman

Post by John Pimlott »

AlphaWhiskeyFoxtrot wrote:from what i read on the site, this rino is going to rival the shockwave planes in realism, they want to fly it "by the book"

No Worrys Shockwave, You still have a loyal costomer! :D

AWF
Agreed!
It's not only the superior quality of the Shockwave aircraft that appeal to me. I think we're a like-minded band of people and I know that if Shockwave have enough love of an aircraft type to model it, then I know I'm going to like it too. For example, I would never have been interested in a MIG-15 until I read there was a Shockwave MIG in development. Now I'm looking forward to it. Same thing with the P-40, bought it, now I absolutely love it.
It won't matter how good other developers aircraft are, or how many I buy, I'll still always get the Shockwave ones and it's not even a loyalty thing.

Best regards.
John.

Storm
Airman

Post by Storm »

Not my goal to steal customers or anything here...

(I have always been a huge, huge Shockwave fan...and proud owner of most of their products...)

...but anyways, yeah, we haven't released any info on the bird for nearly a year now, and since its finally getting close to release, I thought I'd go around and show her off.

And yes, we have active duty navy pilots (who fly F18s, D'uh!) helping out with the project and constantly providing feedback. The Block 1 F/A-18E aircraft will be just like its real world counterpart.

Jeff

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Post by Tako_Kichi »

I'm normally a devoted 'prop head' and rarely fly kerosene burners (and those I do fly tend to be 50's/60's/70's RAF ones) but that looks like one sweet plane. :wink:
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

I don't think we have anything against good quality aircrafts. We wouldn't allow the poor quality to pay a visit and be promoted here.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

Wow that F/A-18 E looks great.I miss the days when there were a lot of PC combat flight simulator/flight simulator developers.Future Shop used to have an entire wall devoted to flight sims back in 1999 before they went bankrupt in the U.S.A. I couldn't afford to get them all.
I remember Super Hornet by Digital Integration (U.K) and Jane's F/A -18.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”