An Old Argument ...

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

An Old Argument ...

Post by Snuffy »

A couple shots from the latest shuttle mission to the space station. As ya'll know the shuttle never left the earth and the scenes below are taken in a studio ... the argument being from the past, that there are no stars shining in the background space ...

Snuffy

stalkervision
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by stalkervision »

great graphics work! 8) Can we get them for BOB? :lol:

shh...actually the "van allen belt" protects astronauts in earth orbit but beyond the earth's protection any astronaught would be toast... :twisted: :lol:

look at this website...

http://www.geocities.com/nasascam/APOLLOSCAM/

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Don't let Neil Armstrong see this post. He'll fatten your lip!

By the way, it was no secret that NASA practiced the Apollo 11 landing on a soundstage before the real mission. Newseek ran the photos in their July 7, 1969 issue as I recall, and identified the photos as mock-ups provided by NASA.

Edit: I just viewed the Apollo Reality and Apollo Insider sites. Very interesting, but the author's argument that the gantry with the fake craters, the suspension harnesses for the astronauts, the plaster of paris relief of the moon, the live camera tests, etc., were only for the purpose of faking the landings is too orthographic. Plausible, I suppose, but then why did NASA document these activities with professional photographs? Those aren't blurry 'spy camera' shots of the craftsmen at work and astronauts in training; they are posed and controlled images that required significant expertise to make.

I think I'll put up my own website that proves that the D-Day invasion was just an elaborate hoax. I'll have pictures of men looking at plaster sand tables, soldiers 'invading' the English coast, inflatable rubber tanks arranged in lines, and miniature dummy parachutists to prove my case. ("This picture, taken in September 1944, shows soldiers exiting an LST onto Omaha Beach ... but the 'invasion' supposedly occurred in June! Why were American soldiers still landing at Normandy four months later if the Allies allegedly captured the beach four months earlier?")
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

eif87
Senior Airman

Post by eif87 »

c'mon guys, the moon landings weren't faked. Check out www.badastronomy.com

It's a really fun site if you're into astronomy, and I always spend hours reading around the forums. The guy also debunks the hoaxes using real physics, math and science. It's sort of funny learning about fake science that hoaxers come up with in order to support their argument :D

btw- There are no stars in the above screenshots because the brightness of the Earth is so great that it decreases the magnitude of the stars. Sort of like how you can see hundreds of stars out in the countryside at night, but can only spot the brightest of stars in a lit city. They're there though, don't worry :P

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”