Hello everyone!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Hello everyone!

Post by Point-man »

Hey everyone. It's been a good while since I've been online. My job has been about to kill me with this 16-18 hour days for the past 3 months. I just thought I would drop in and say howdy. I finally got a new computer built that can run FSX to a pretty stable way. Also found out that my wife and I are going to be having our first child so that has had me in a whirl wind to say the least. Very exciting and scary at the same time. Well I hope everyone is doing ok and hope to see you in the skies soon.

Take care,
Point

P.S.
I saw the thread about the props being messed up in FSX and the situation with the model. Will that be something that might be fixed in the future?

SeaVee
BDG

Post by SeaVee »

Congrats to you and your wife on your first baby on the way! Stock up on sleep now while you still can :wink:

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Point-man wrote: I saw the thread about the props being messed up in FSX and the situation with the model. Will that be something that might be fixed in the future?
Howdy there Point-man. Congrats with the child.

To answer your question here, probably not. Unless it is built for FSX from the ground up, it is unlikely to be fixed.
ImageImage
ImageImage

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Cograts Pointman, good to hear from you. I know what you mean about long hours, Ive been working 12hrs a day 7 days a week since last febuary.

Hawk
Senior Airman

Post by Hawk »

Hi Point-man,
Congrats on the new addition (I have two children and believe me your life will never be the same). I too have been away from simming, new job with long hours as well. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things though. Maybe we could do some MP flights soon.
Take care,
Hawk

reflected
Master Sergeant

Post by reflected »

Let's think a little:
1. You love simming.
2. You need money to buy a rig + software + controllers, ..etc...
3. So you go to work
4. You have to work so much, that you don't have any time to fly

The word's gone crazy :cry:

Actually, I have no children, I'm only 23, ans I work for the first time for a half year now. I'm totally depressed, that I won't have any more summer vacations (I have 20 days a year) , and I spend the majority of my time ( my life) working for no reason, but money. Even with a diplome, and 4 spoken languages, I have the cr@ppiest job ever. My life has changed. I have no time for things I used to do before (wich meant my life), I barely have time for myself :cry:

You told you'll have a child. Congratulations, and maximum respect for you!!! I can't imagine myself having a child, and being responsible for him in addition to the things I've mentionned before. Maybe I'm too selfish/ weak :?

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”