P3D v6 and A2A

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Masterius
Senior Airman

P3D v6 and A2A

Post by Masterius »

Assuming Prepar3D ever issues v6, will A2A ever update aircraft for that?

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: P3D v6 and A2A

Post by Paughco »

I sure hope so.

Meanwhile, my first question when there's a hot new sim, or hot new version of an pre-existing sim, is: does it work with the A2A P-40? If yes, I proceed. If no, well then it's a negative function.

Seeya
ATB

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

Masterius wrote: 26 Apr 2023, 20:09 Assuming Prepar3D ever issues v6, will A2A ever update aircraft for that?
How about Xplane 12? I would love to see A2A make an entry to Xplane 12.
It's already better out of the box than P3D could hope to be and it's still young.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Scott said in December that XP is a very realistic thought now with how Accusim works. It will just need manpower.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Paughco wrote: 26 Apr 2023, 22:33 I sure hope so.

Meanwhile, my first question when there's a hot new sim, or hot new version of an pre-existing sim, is: does it work with the A2A P-40? If yes, I proceed. If no, well then it's a negative function.

Seeya
ATB
We are of a similar mind. No A2A warbirds, no purchase.

Sláinte.
Steve.

djbully
Airman

Post by djbully »

Sure hope that existing p3d v5 models will either just work in v6. Or if they don’t then they will hopefully be updated. I do have MSFS but, I’m preferring P3D at the moment. To many niggling issues with MSFS!
EGHI

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

djbully wrote: 02 Jul 2023, 03:45 Sure hope that existing p3d v5 models will either just work in v6. Or if they don’t then they will hopefully be updated. I do have MSFS but, I’m preferring P3D at the moment. To many niggling issues with MSFS!
Agreed. Is a LM P3DV6 NDA a factor for developers at this point?

[email protected]
Airman Basic

Post by [email protected] »

Hello
Purchsed an a2a c182 Skylane addon for P3d v5, it doesn't install on version 6, will there be an update soon?

Regards,
John

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello John and welcome.

Please see the statement we released yesterday on our existing products and Prepar3D v6. The short answer, I'm afraid, is no.

Kind regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

It would be great to hear from anyone who has moved A2A aircraft over to P3Dv6 and how it went.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I like any sim that lets me fly Army 155. The latest, most advanced sim that will allow operation of Army 155 is preferred. So far that is P3D v5. II'll purchase, download and switch to v6 when I know for sure that it will run Army 155. Until then, FTW.

Image.

Seeya
ATB

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hi bullfox, Paughco and All

i didn't switch so i kept P3D V5.4 and everything; Orbx + A2A

What i did was ALSO to instal the P3D v6 on the same C:

Then, following Lewis i.e. 'have a go but it might not work', i copied A2A and Accufeel TO users/user/documents/Prepar3Dv6 Add-ons FROM users/ ..../..../ Prepare3Dv5 Add-ons.

Then I've changed my nvidia graphics/programs/p3d from previous setting of 30 up to unlimited/global AND THEN for the 'options' settings, in both v5 AND v6, changed the max frame rate from unlimited down to 30 FPS

And P3Dv6 + A2A planes + Accu Feel works perfectly, EXCEPT at the moment there's a bug that LM need to fix so that dome/panel/reading light e.g. Comanche, look like they've come ON but the aircraft panel itself doesn't illuminate. Oddly, that fault is true just for DUSK and DAWN time options. In the NIGHT time, the dome or panel light switches DO work effectively and light up the aircraft panel and it's controls. These findings do apply to planes generally, not just my A2A fleet I've posted this DAWN and DUSK lighting bug in the LM P3D Forum.

I like the atmospheric feel of flying at those times.

In the daytime, the aircraft panels looks great (with sunlight). I first discovered that by installing Alabeo Golden Eagle C421 (tut, tut!)

The default ground in P3Dv6 is surprisingly satisfying; of course the airports are barren with basic autogen blunt buildings

The Personal P3Dv6 only costs a few 10s. That's much cheaper than an ordinary supermarket shopping for just a few days. The appearance of P3Dv6 is an obvious improvement (over v5). It has more varied lighting effect and higher definition (like scratches or stains) e.g. on the surface of panel and controls. So it gives a feeling of more realism!! Wow! So it's great value for money. AND i also enjoy using P3Dv5.4

Rod
EGBB enjoyed last nights bangers 'n mash and pickle and ale
Last edited by rod55 on 10 Sep 2023, 05:19, edited 2 times in total.

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Paughco wrote: 12 Jul 2023, 22:06 I like any sim that lets me fly Army 155. The latest, most advanced sim that will allow operation of Army 155 is preferred. So far that is P3D v5. II'll purchase, download and switch to v6 when I know for sure that it will run Army 155. Until then, FTW.

Image.

Seeya
ATB
That is an excellent paint work and one that I would think a heavily used warbird would look like. Nothing to do with the topic but had to put that out there.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Barth56
Airman First Class

Post by Barth56 »

rod321 wrote: 13 Jul 2023, 02:16 Hi bullfox, Paughco and All

[...] EXCEPT at the moment there's a bug that LM need to fix so that dome/panel/reading light e.g. Comanche, look like they've come ON but the aircraft panel itself doesn't illuminate. Oddly, that fault is true just for DUSK and DAWN time options. In the NIGHT time, the dome or panel light switches DO work effectively and light up the aircraft panel and it's controls. These findings do apply to planes generally, not just my A2A fleet I've posted this DAWN and DUSK lighting bug in the LM P3D Forum.
[...]
Hello Rod 231!
Have you got any help from the LM-Forum? I have P3D v6 (fresh clean install) since yesterday, and immediately remarked the same issue with the Lockheed L049.
Appart from that, none of the aircraft (even P3D v6 defaults) does "shine" when bare-metal textured. You could figure that the Connie is looking... Dull gray!

Cheers,

Barth

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hi Barth

sorry for my slow reply; EGBB too blooooomin' hot to relax and fly.

Nope, no reply from LM themselves. Just now, after seeing your post, I've checked and looked at Bonanza and T6 using p3d v6. Outside, they're a different and simpler colour (T6 is mid-yellow, Bonanza is mid-red) and a very slight sheen, not completely flat "matt", compared to using (the excellent) P3D v5.4 where outside of T6 is a sort of glossy orange and Bonanza is a touch deeper and glossy red.

The big issue I have with LM P3D v6 is when I select time "DUSK and "DAWN". The cockpit panel is impossibly dark and not illuminated by switching ON interior, dome lighting!! This applies to all aircraft, A2A and others. Though, when time = "NIGHT" the dome light does correctly illuminate, and In this condition, the A2A Bonanza cockpit panel looks fab.

I know it sounds bonkers, Barth, but that triggered me to buy v6. "Wow, if v5.4 looks that good, what will v6 look like, even better I bet!". Fingers and toes crossed that these teething issues get resolved. AND ORBX make their 'Central' and sceneries (global, regional and airport) applicable to V6, as they have recently promised a couple of times (by CEO Anna Cicognani and relevant team rep George Peppard).

I still prefer the more stable flying experience (not boring like a train on rails, though) of P3D v5.4 and v6. The default scenery of P3D v6 is a huge improvement though still with disappointing airports.

MSFS, with my gear, is PRECARIOUS and so not such a pleasure; like roller coaster or leaning over and driving a car from the back seat, if I relax on my joystick X-56 HOTAS. (Maybe I could dull the stick's sensitivity, but should I have to?!" The visuals of MSFS are super. But looks aint everything! It's how it flies; good or a pain . I'll continue to use all simulators. Great!

Rod
EGBB cooling down a smidgen.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”