Anyone using the free GNS750 Garmin? I have a question.

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Anyone using the free GNS750 Garmin? I have a question.

Post by DHenriques_ »

I pulled this post. It was a question about the Garmin 750. Apparently 37 people viewed the post but no one has one installed.
Thank you
DH

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Re: Anyone using the free GNS750 Garmin? I have a question.

Post by MkIV Hvd »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 15:35 I pulled this post. It was a question about the Garmin 750. Apparently 37 people viewed the post but no one has one installed.
Thank you
DH
You're too quick on the trigger... :wink:

This sounds like an old FSX issue I'd seen with the default GPS, but I haven't seen it since. I took the C414 from KSBA to KSMH last evening on an IFR flight plan and with the zoom at 4nm+ the PMS50 is on track. As I zoom in to .1nm, the airplane icon is approximately one wingspan right of track, but I'd never use it that way enroute anyway. While zooming out, at 2.5nm it's difficult to see the displacement and at 4nm and above, it's not noticeable. Don't know that this helps, but that's what I'm seeing...

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

I use the TDS version.
Cheers
Trev

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

TreeTops wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 08:49 I use the TDS version.
Thank you for the reply.
DH

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

This thread is now a perfect example of why I rarely try to help folks on forums...

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 16:40 This thread is now a perfect example of why I rarely try to help folks on forums...

Cheers,
Rob
I'm sorry if my not answering your reply has caused you to make this comment. A few minutes after I answered the other poster I had a severe health issue and had to leave the computer.
(I'm dealing with Cancer) and simply forgot to come back to the forum to check it.
Thank you for your reply.
Dudley Henriques

Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Blitzer »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 15:35 I pulled this post. It was a question about the Garmin 750. Apparently 37 people viewed the post but no one has one installed.
Thank you
DH
Sorry I was not able to reply yesterday.
I used the premium version. If I recall correctly the aircraft is indeed offset to the magenta line, more noticeable at certain levels of zoom. To be honest I think I have gotten so used to it that i just do not really notice it anymore.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 18:14
MkIV Hvd wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 16:40 This thread is now a perfect example of why I rarely try to help folks on forums...

Cheers,
Rob
I'm sorry if my not answering your reply has caused you to make this comment.
I simply pulled the post thinking no one was available who had the 750 aboard.
A few minutes after I answered the other poster I had a severe health issue and had to leave the computer.
(I'm dealing with Cancer) and simply forgot to come back to the forum to check it.
Dudley Henriques

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 16:40
This thread is now a perfect example of why I rarely try to help folks on forums...
Cheers,
Rob
I'm sorry if my not answering your reply has caused you to make this comment.
I simply pulled the post after finding a solution to my own question. I'll delete a question post like this one on occasion if I happen to find an answer on my own after posting to save people from going to a lot of unnecessary trouble answering me. It's a courtesy actually. Nothing more than that. My comment about the 37 people was simply an attempt at humor rather than a long explanation. I would have deleted the post were that possible.
A few minutes after I answered the other poster I had a severe health issue and had to leave the computer.
Dudley Henriques
Last edited by DHenriques_ on 21 Mar 2023, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Please see below;
Having computer issues today.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Please see below;

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 19:16 Please disregard;

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 19:17 Please disregard;

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Blitzer wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 18:33
Thank you
DH
Sorry I was not able to reply yesterday.
I used the premium version. If I recall correctly the aircraft is indeed offset to the magenta line, more noticeable at certain levels of zoom. To be honest I think I have gotten so used to it that i just do not really notice it anymore.
Thank you. You are right. I discovered the same thing last night after experimenting a bit.
You do have to reset the zoom level to mate the aircraft icon to the magenta line.
DH

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 19:03 I'm sorry if my not answering your reply has caused you to make this comment.
I simply pulled the post after finding a solution to my own question. I'll delete a question post like this one on occasion if I happen to find an answer on my own after posting to save people from going to a lot of unnecessary trouble answering me. It's a courtesy actually. Nothing more than that. My comment about the 37 people was simply an attempt at humor rather than a long explanation. I would have deleted the post were that possible.
Dudley Henriques
Very sincere apologies Dudley, apparently t'was I that was too quick on the trigger! :roll:
I'm glad you got it sorted and wish you the best!!

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”