Grass runway in MSFS

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Yarrik
Airman

Grass runway in MSFS

Post by Yarrik »

Hi guys, for whatever reason the idiots in MSFS forum won't let me to create a topic, if you are experienced with MSFS i need your help with a simple question:

Why when i fly in a grass runway the edge cones markers load at a ridiculously short distance ? like 80 meters. It's frustrating, when i am on final I cant line up correctly because I cannot identify the runway borders. I was trying to replace them with SDK but its almost impossible unless you are a professional developer.

Can someone suggest me a setting or a solution for it ?

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Re: Grass runway in MSFS

Post by ratty »

A solution: overfly the field before you land and determine exactly which bit is the runway, keep it in sight in the pattern and land on that.

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

You seem a little impatient there...

1) I'm sure you could find a way to post on the MSFS forums. Have you contacted a moderator? Did you get banned? There must be a reason for that issue... calling people there idiots is not a great way to open your post here... how long before we too are idiots? :P

2) The late appearance will be the LOD models of the objects in the scenery, combined with your own settings for object detail. Few grass strips have objects at all in my experience. Is it a payware add-on airfield, freeware, or one of the enhanced default airfields? More info could help there as the white markers could differ between objects in different libraries.

3) While I haven't used the editor, I don't believe you need to be a professional at all to make use of it. Have you tried searching for basic tutorials? Maybe you gave up too easily? :D Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... y+objects+

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

The idiots banned complete newbies in the forum from creating new topics because there were idiots who behaved like… idiots.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

MarcE wrote: 07 Mar 2023, 23:24 The idiots banned complete newbies in the forum from creating new topics because there were idiots who behaved like… idiots.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”