Piper Arrow IV

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Alderheart
Airman Basic

Piper Arrow IV

Post by Alderheart »

The Piper Arrow IV is my favorite single engine personal aircraft. Smooth, docile handling, long legs and fast.
I'd love to see one done for P3d...
It'll be pretty nice to have both the III and the IV,maybe with turbo too

Mace
Airman First Class

Re: Piper Arrow IV

Post by Mace »

JustFlight has a Piper Arrow III and IV for P3D. They are pretty good too. You can even have a simulated oxygen system for them.

They're not A2A versions but they are pretty good.
Rhett

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

JF have also done the Arrow III and IV for MSFS, adding some of the features "pilfered" from A2A. In the absence of anything from A2A, I bought them when they first came out, as well as the turbo versions. They're not bad at all, given that they're not A2A, but they've filled a gap for me given that they're better than any of the stock offerings.

However, I don't fly the T tail job as much. My flying instructor was rather disparaging of T tails. He thought them just a gimmick and reckoned the wing blanked the tail in some circumstances. Plus I think they look wierd for a GA plane. An Arrow III is one of those planes that I wish A2A would do.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Sigismund
Airman

Post by Sigismund »

Dogsbody55 wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 23:55 An Arrow III is one of those planes that I wish A2A would do.
Absolutely. In my opinion, the Arrow has the most beautiful cockpit of all GA aircraft. The JustFlight Arrow for MSFS is in urgent need of an update and the range of functions is unfortunately far too limited for me. Please, A2A, build a TurboArrow next :)

Ian MC
Airman

Post by Ian MC »

The JF Piper Arrow III is my goto in MSFS right now, until the Comanche comes out. I know I'm weird that I didn't choose the faster one, but I have a soft spot for the III's. :D

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I like the Arrow III too, and prefer it over the turbo versions. I seem to divide my time between that, the Blackbird Cessna 310 and the AT Simulations Piaggio P-149. The latter has been a go to plane since release, which was a while ago now.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Alderheart
Airman Basic

Post by Alderheart »

Does the Arrow IV have a 2-axis autopilot or just Heading hold?

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

In real life the version depicted has only heading hold. JF put in a secret click spot to let you use altitude hold.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

I myself have been using the Carenado(I know, I know) C337(another that A2A should do), the Milviz C310(Milviz because that is what they were called when I bought it all 3 times), the Flysimware C414 and the Just Flight Twin Otter are my go to fixed wings. The Otter has been getting work out since New Zealand dropped and I have been having a blast touring both islands in it. Sure none of these are A2A but then, what else is? Like many others I too eagerly await the Comanche's release and will add it to my stable and enjoy it fully. However, that doesn't mean I let it ruin me in enjoying planes of lesser fidelity.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

ImpendingJoker wrote: 09 Apr 2023, 11:02 I myself have been using the Carenado(I know, I know) C337(another that A2A should do), the Milviz C310(Milviz because that is what they were called when I bought it all 3 times), the Flysimware C414 and the Just Flight Twin Otter are my go to fixed wings. The Otter has been getting work out since New Zealand dropped and I have been having a blast touring both islands in it. Sure none of these are A2A but then, what else is? Like many others I too eagerly await the Comanche's release and will add it to my stable and enjoy it fully. However, that doesn't mean I let it ruin me in enjoying planes of lesser fidelity.
Don't worry. I have the Carenado C337 too, as well as the Milviz (which is also easier to type than their new name :mrgreen: ). The Milviz plane is quite good, and the Carenado offering not as good, but I like the plane anyway and totally agree that it should be on A2A's list of future projects. I also like the AT Simulations Piaggio P-149 which is a lot of fun. But JF's Piper impresses too, especially as they're still releasing updates for it and improving it. Well done to them. I'm not buying any more planes for MSFS until the Comanche is released. I don't see the point of clogging up my Community folder with stuff I'll never use after this event, whenever it may be. An update would be nice as it's gone awful quiet around these parts.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

I succumbed to the Black Square offerings, other than the KA. I prefer them over endless glass, though they miss a level of charm that our hosts (and Milviz, to an extent) provide. Until then, I’d really only used the default 152 for GA. Most of them will get hangared once the Comanche turns up…
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

R-2800-59
Staff Sergeant

Post by R-2800-59 »

I can only warmly recommend the WBsim/JPLogistics Cessna 152 expansion. Its free and a vast step forward from default in all aspects.
It feels really polished imho.

TuFun
Senior Airman

Post by TuFun »

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

Slap some duct tape on it, should be fine!

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

R-2800-59 wrote: 10 Apr 2023, 05:07 I can only warmly recommend the WBsim/JPLogistics Cessna 152 expansion. Its free and a vast step forward from default in all aspects.
It feels really polished imho.
I concur. I had my first-ever in-sim engine failure flying that aircraft last week, about 30 seconds after take-off. In VR, I genuinely felt a sense of panic at first, before my senses kicked in and I attempted to turn around quite gingerly and land back on the grass strip I'd just taken off from. I made it over the boundary hedge with only a few feet to spare, much to my relief. It was a tracked Air Hauler 2 flight, so my reputation really was at stake!

I don't know for sure what the cause was, but likely the engine hadn't had quite enough time to warm up, even though I did a run-up prior to take off. Giving it full power on the climb may have pushed the oil pressure too high. I also don't top up the oil every flight and I'm not sure how low it can/should go before it's a potential cause for trouble. Suffice to say I'll be more careful in future, and be on the lookout for suitable fields to ditch in during climb-out, should it happen again! :shock:

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”