Airplane development

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Yarrik
Airman

Airplane development

Post by Yarrik »

Hi guys, I can't wait to fly the new Piper comanche in MSFS, meanwhile i was watching some videos about other addons and I want to ask you a question.

I noticed that in every single major addon (flysimware Cessna 414, Milviz Cessna 310, Just flight Pa28) there's always some missing features that are picked up from the others, to put it better: flysimware 414 has the walkaround feature very detailed flight model but has no maintenance and no failures at all. The Milviz 310 has huge maintenance and failures feature but not accurate flight model nor walkaround... and I simply was wondering how the hell they dont learn from the others, the only developer that has a 360° simulation is A2A. Is it difficult ? or simply they don't care about the products ? or they just dont do it by purpose ?

Help me to understand

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Airplane development

Post by Skycat »

The main factor as I see it is most developers stick to the tools and features offered by the main simulator, and maybe never really master the possibilities of that simulator. Then you have a small echelon of developers who thoroughly master the simulator and know how to work around its limitations. And finally you have a very few developers who are literally geniuses and can see possibilities beyond the main simulator.

A2A leads the industry by first having masteried FS9 and FSX and then, starting with AccuSim, writing its own proprietary systems engine that hooks into the main simulator and bypasses the default systems modelling. When A2A introduced the earliest version of AccuSim 15 years ago, it was revolutionary and exciting even then. All of the established developers have since either been trying to emulate A2A's innovations, or have given up trying and are content to stick with casual flight models with basic features.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Airplane development

Post by MarcE »

Also features mean development time and that means money. The expected sales numbers and costs of development must be carefully evaluated or the price will be too high for anyone to purchase it. In the past A2A used to have sponsors which allowed them prices around 50$, without the sponsors I suppose we'd have had to pay a PMDG 747 price tag for a Bonanza.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”