Captain Jake

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Captain Jake

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Like!
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

A beautiful ship you have there, Jake! May the wind always be at your back.

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

Congratulations Jake. I can barely see typing on this screen but I am so happy for you :D
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

It goes without saying I'm a proud Dad. Not just from what he has accomplished as a pilot. He always had the intellectual capacity to be a pilot and also I knew he would be cool under fire from way back. In the Comanche, he was 12, we were flying over the Rocky Mountains and I ran one of the tip tanks dry. I didn't know it then that the tip tanks actually showed about 2x the fuel in them, meaning 1/2 is really 1/4 and so on (modeled in Accu-Sim of course so someone else can make the same mistake :) ). So here we are just relaxing and the engine quits, and I immediately hear in my right ear "Fuel pump!." Still cracks me up to this day. And of course when I had to belly land the Aerostar in, I could not have had a more capable co-pilot by my side. He was covering everything.

So it was never a doubt he would make a great pilot / captain, if that was what he chose to be. What is most impressive, are the challenges he has overcome that come from working with all kinds of people in the work place. He started out on his own at a very young age, I think he was just 20. It's very difficult (not to mention dangerous) for a 20 year old to start swimming with the sharks. He's taken hits, learned and got back up for more. And through it he has slowly built a family of good people who are looking out for him. And he is looking out for them as well.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”