1st flight in MSFS Comanche?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
russellwwest
Airman First Class

1st flight in MSFS Comanche?

Post by russellwwest »

What is going to be your first flight with the Comanche in MSFS?

I think I might do a cross country from my local airfield EGBS shobdon to somewhere like EGTB Wycombe air park

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Re: 1st flight in MSFS Comanche?

Post by Mantock »

I’m planning a ferry flight from the Piper factory in Florida I think it is, all the way back to the UK.

Looking forward to see how the lifespan and aging of all the components will be like with the new Accusim 2.0!

-Peter
ImageImage

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

Touch-and-go's somewhere in Australia.

gpf
Airman First Class

Post by gpf »

I’ll take it up for some air work. Slow flight, power on/off stalls, a few touch and go, instrument approaches, and just get comfortable with it.

CrownCityMisfit
Senior Airman

Post by CrownCityMisfit »

After some pattern work at KEMT (El Monte, CA) I will hop over to KAVX (Catalina Island) and then back again. This has been my test routine for nearly a decade. After that, I'll tie down the Milviz C310 and JF Arrow for a while and get back to work hauling illicit goods for Coyote in the Comanche.
10900k | 3090 | Win10 | C4D | Adobe Suite | Cinema 4D | Unity
MSFS |The Skypark | Orbx | Milviz | PMDG | anxiously waiting for A2A
Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | CH Pro Pedals |Stream Deck XL

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

EGSJ to EGSU and back again
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

hazzer111
Airman

Post by hazzer111 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 30 Jan 2023, 07:18 EGSJ to EGSU and back again
To Duxford to check progress on a b-17 :lol:

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

I have had two Comanches in FSEconomy for 2 years now sit and wait, one in KBFI and one in AGGT. They'll have to be ferried home, one to Germany, one to Austria :D That will be the "first" thing I'll do. ^^

Buffalo Alien
Airman

Post by Buffalo Alien »

L05 > L35 > L70 > 02CL
P3Dv5, DCS World, ED Odyssey, MSFS PC & Xbox Series X. Win 11 23H2, ASRock B550AM, AMD Ryzen7 3700X 3.6 GHz, AMD Radeon RX5700, 64 GB DDR4 3000 MHz, ASUS TUF 23.8 x2, TM Hotas Warthog, TM TFRP, Xbox Elite Controller 2, TM TFlight Hotas One, MX Mech.

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Local airport Jake Arner (22N) to Key West (KEYW), it's cold here and I want to go fishing. If the release is in the Spring or later, I still want to go fishing and party the beach life. 8)

I'll spring for a hangar because I wouldn't want to ruin that purdy paint job.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Ian MC
Airman

Post by Ian MC »

Mantock wrote: 29 Jan 2023, 15:58 I’m planning a ferry flight from the Piper factory in Florida I think it is, all the way back to the UK.

Looking forward to see how the lifespan and aging of all the components will be like with the new Accusim 2.0!

-Peter
The current Piper factory is in Vero Beach, FL. but the Comanches were built in the old factory in Lockhaven, PA. Both are great destinations, or in this case, origins :)

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

Ian MC wrote: 30 Jan 2023, 19:03
Mantock wrote: 29 Jan 2023, 15:58 I’m planning a ferry flight from the Piper factory in Florida I think it is, all the way back to the UK.

-Peter
The current Piper factory is in Vero Beach, FL. but the Comanches were built in the old factory in Lockhaven, PA. Both are great destinations, or in this case, origins :)
Thankyou for this info!!! I was doing some googling and actually finding it quite hard to figure out their origin airfield. I'll do some research on Lockhaven, PA.

-Peter
ImageImage

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I've flown to KLHV a couple of times IRL, it was one of the first airports I flew into in MSFS and they do the area justice in there. There is some nice natural scenery in the area and the airport is sandwiched between two high mountain ridges running parallel to the runways. One must make make their descent into pattern altitude and the pattern near the ridges and the pattern can't be excessively wide. Runway 27 has right traffic for a reason. :) I feel it would be appropriate to fly a Comanche out of KLHV.

Edit: How could I forget that they have a nice Piper museum there too!
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Tony73
Airman First Class

Post by Tony73 »

On FSX, I took off from my local airfield in France (LFKA), and came to the US via Greenland, I will start again after a few laps in order to familiarize myself with it.
Image Image

Ian MC
Airman

Post by Ian MC »

Oracle427 wrote: 31 Jan 2023, 08:17 I've flown to KLHV a couple of times IRL, it was one of the first airports I flew into in MSFS and they do the area justice in there. There is some nice natural scenery in the area and the airport is sandwiched between two high mountain ridges running parallel to the runways. One must make make their descent into pattern altitude and the pattern near the ridges and the pattern can't be excessively wide. Runway 27 has right traffic for a reason. :) I feel it would be appropriate to fly a Comanche out of KLHV.

Edit: How could I forget that they have a nice Piper museum there too!
I am close, in Ohio, but I sadly have not made it to Lockhaven myself, though I've heard the museum is definitely worth the trip. I did stop at KSEG once, which is southeast of there along the same river; it is a beautiful area! There is a vintage picture floating around on the internet somewhere of seemingly dozens of newly minted Comanches in front of the building that would become the museum. I can't even imagine how cool it would've been to go pickup a new one straight from the factory. I think it would absolutely be an appropriate location for a first flight, maybe even the most appropriate location ;)

Edited: I found the picture!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”