1st flight in MSFS Comanche?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Re: 1st flight in MSFS Comanche?

Post by Mantock »

Hi,

Yes thats a great shot! I will definitely start my ferry flight legs from there. I'm either thinking of the long northern route across the Atlantic via Nuuk, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Shetlands.

Or

The 'summer' route via Bermuda, Azores, Lisbon. But I have to check the distances and fuel limits and plan accordingly. Will be a lot of fun to stretch the Comanche to its max range. I did a ferry flight on the northern route when the Comanche was first released by A2A several years ago now. It can go a surprising distance!
ImageImage

russellwwest
Airman First Class

Post by russellwwest »

Some great ideas!
I think once I’ve re-acquainted myself with the Comanche I’ll do a home-home route.
Starting at my local airfield EGBS and heading down to Harare, Zimbabwe (my birth place and home to a lot of my family)

zemith
Airman

Post by zemith »

I will use my local grass airstrip and do a couple touch n gos, then probably fly out onto one of the islands and land there to take some photos, then back home again.

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

I'll first create my own paintscheme, and then we'll see...
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

Waffler11
A2A Mechanic

Post by Waffler11 »

I think flying out of Lock Haven, PA sounds like an excellent idea as a delivery flight. I'll fly to probably KCGF as that's my father's old stomping grounds and I'm familiar with the airport and its procedures. A good and relatively short flight to get the hang of the Comanche.

ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

Post by ianfisher 101 »

I will continue to fly my Comanche the same as I have for many years. I don't have MSFS and will wait till the dust settles to see if it's worth getting to be able to fly an aircraft I already have.
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

I have N6229P in FSEconomy. I purchased a zero hour Comanche on 2012/12/15 and shipped it to Lock Haven, PA on 2013/04/20 after doing some research of where that plane would of been built in the day. Crazy as it may be but I grew up in Vero Beach and knew it wasnt there. I then had to wait until the A2A release as I think I brought that airframe in FSE when Scott first purchased that plane and had a feeling they would be developing it.

So my 1st flight was 2015/06/19 as I started to ferry the plane to the west coast. I made a point to always fly that plane in real time, real weather and am the only person to of flown it. If you are on FSE can you can look at the planes map to see all the places its been of which many are Orbx addon airports amongst others. My last flight was on 2019/10/21 where I left it at KWYS Yellowstone. So I will be picking her up from there and continuing to fly her on Pilot Edge. I have a few default tail number A2A planes:
N228Q Beechcraft Bonanza V35
N569FL Piper PA-28 Cherokee 180
N6182G Cessna 182 Skylane
N6229P Piper PA-24 Comanche (A2A)

In FSEconomy there can only be one of each tail number so this is my prized fleet but of them all 29P was the one that I took the extra step to find, buy and ship a zero hour airframe to its place of origin and fly it from there with that plane being always 29P.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

Ian MC
Airman

Post by Ian MC »

ianfisher 101 wrote: 07 Feb 2023, 18:00 I will continue to fly my Comanche the same as I have for many years. I don't have MSFS and will wait till the dust settles to see if it's worth getting to be able to fly an aircraft I already have.
I think with the addition of the A2a Comanche, for VFR flight, MSFS is a groundbreaking sim. I was an avid XP11 user and FSX before this, but I enjoy VFR flying the most, and it finally allows that to happen in a convincing manner. I have the JF Arrows/Warrior now, the Arrow III being my go-to until the Comanche is released. I have made a flight to a new airport in the sim, and then done the same flight in real life, and it's remarkable how similar the landscape is. The experience is dependent on a good computer platform and internet connection so bear that in mind. Without those, it's probably not that much different than a good setup on XP11(or 12 for that matter). If you like to fly under 10000' you'll be amazed, at least I was.

Waffler11
A2A Mechanic

Post by Waffler11 »

Ian MC wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 18:32 I think with the addition of the A2a Comanche, for VFR flight, MSFS is a groundbreaking sim. I was an avid XP11 user and FSX before this, but I enjoy VFR flying the most, and it finally allows that to happen in a convincing manner. I have the JF Arrows/Warrior now, the Arrow III being my go-to until the Comanche is released. I have made a flight to a new airport in the sim, and then done the same flight in real life, and it's remarkable how similar the landscape is. The experience is dependent on a good computer platform and internet connection so bear that in mind. Without those, it's probably not that much different than a good setup on XP11(or 12 for that matter). If you like to fly under 10000' you'll be amazed, at least I was.
Is that your Comanche in the profile picture? If it's the same one I'm thinking of, I was thinking of using it as my first livery for this fine plane.

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Waffler11 wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 12:44
Ian MC wrote: 08 Feb 2023, 18:32 I think with the addition of the A2a Comanche, for VFR flight, MSFS is a groundbreaking sim. I was an avid XP11 user and FSX before this, but I enjoy VFR flying the most, and it finally allows that to happen in a convincing manner. I have the JF Arrows/Warrior now, the Arrow III being my go-to until the Comanche is released. I have made a flight to a new airport in the sim, and then done the same flight in real life, and it's remarkable how similar the landscape is. The experience is dependent on a good computer platform and internet connection so bear that in mind. Without those, it's probably not that much different than a good setup on XP11(or 12 for that matter). If you like to fly under 10000' you'll be amazed, at least I was.
Is that your Comanche in the profile picture? If it's the same one I'm thinking of, I was thinking of using it as my first livery for this fine plane.
I agree with your assessment of that livery, it is gorgeous and would love to see the painters here to again replicate it once the new Cheroke is released.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Ian MC
Airman

Post by Ian MC »

Waffler11 wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 12:44 Is that your Comanche in the profile picture? If it's the same one I'm thinking of, I was thinking of using it as my first livery for this fine plane.
It is, thanks for the compliment! I'm not sure it's the one you're thinking of, it's a 180 but painted like a 400 so I've been told. She looks pretty good for being 63 years old, though the paint has largely been neglected so up close it's faded and worn but give her 20 feet or so and some rain and she'll shine like new :) . I'm a livery creator myself and of course this will be my first though I invite you to do it before me, so it saves me some work ;)

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

Getting familiar with the systems then flying it back to Calhoun

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

Oracle427 wrote: 31 Jan 2023, 08:17 I've flown to KLHV a couple of times IRL, it was one of the first airports I flew into in MSFS and they do the area justice in there. There is some nice natural scenery in the area and the airport is sandwiched between two high mountain ridges running parallel to the runways. One must make make their descent into pattern altitude and the pattern near the ridges and the pattern can't be excessively wide. Runway 27 has right traffic for a reason. :) I feel it would be appropriate to fly a Comanche out of KLHV.

Edit: How could I forget that they have a nice Piper museum there too!

Would you know the pattern altitude at Lockhaven, and would you know where I could find a VFR chart which shows the approximate path of the circuit? Can't find any online sources for the VFR charts there
ImageImage

Jorge Bach
Airman First Class

Post by Jorge Bach »

I'm waiting the Comanche to do this tour I've designed (also I've made the airfields sceneries)
Tour Patagonia
Tour Patagonia
PatagoniaTour-2.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 581 times

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

You could do that on a full tank, easy.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”