Accu-Sim Comanche 250 for MSFS is in beta testing

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
zemith
Airman

Re: Accu-Sim Comanche 250 for MSFS is in beta testing

Post by zemith »

How many circuit breakers will we get L:VARS for?

I haven't had the pleasure of any A2A products in the past, nor the Comanche, so I'm not sure what to expect.
From real images I can count 15-17 circuit breakers in the "circuit breaker mounting bracket" for a PA24.

I'm asking on behalf of my in-progress home cockpit build who would like to know how many solenoids to source from the Far East :)
(In the end I might end up combining a few for space reasons, maybe COM1 and COM2 into just COMS and same for NAV etc, not sure yet).

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

zemith wrote: 27 Feb 2023, 10:02 How many circuit breakers will we get L:VARS for?

I haven't had the pleasure of any A2A products in the past, nor the Comanche, so I'm not sure what to expect.
From real images I can count 15-17 circuit breakers in the "circuit breaker mounting bracket" for a PA24.

I'm asking on behalf of my in-progress home cockpit build who would like to know how many solenoids to source from the Far East :)
(In the end I might end up combining a few for space reasons, maybe COM1 and COM2 into just COMS and same for NAV etc, not sure yet).
Not sure off hand, but they are all functional. We should have a variable for each. Worst case, we'll sort out what you need for your cockpit.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

aenigma
Airman

Post by aenigma »

Better question: Will it be released when I get my cockpit all set up early to mid march? :P

zemith
Airman

Post by zemith »

Scott - A2A wrote: 27 Feb 2023, 16:34
Not sure off hand, but they are all functional. We should have a variable for each. Worst case, we'll sort out what you need for your cockpit.
Amazing, thanks! o7

mathurpc
Airman First Class

Post by mathurpc »

What are the plans for C172 Trainer please?

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

mathurpc wrote: 28 Feb 2023, 19:51 What are the plans for C172 Trainer please?
I'd like to know also ... not necessarily in granular detail but a confirmation that is in consideration would be welcomed, and maybe also an idea of it is a priority or if other aircraft will be ahead of it.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Once the Comanche is out and the dust has settled from all the new tech going in, we definitely want to make a Skyhawk, Cherokee, etc. And once you fly this Comanche you will probably want this 10x more than you do now. BTW, we just crossed a milestone in beta and we expect the following beta builds to generate less and less bug reports.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Drizzle
Airman

Post by Drizzle »

Scott - A2A wrote: 03 Mar 2023, 09:24 Once the Comanche is out and the dust has settled from all the new tech going in, we definitely want to make a Skyhawk, Cherokee, etc. And once you fly this Comanche you will probably want this 10x more than you do now. BTW, we just crossed a milestone in beta and we expect the following beta builds to generate less and less bug reports.

Scott.

Very good news Scott! And I am certainly one of those champing at the bit for the release!

And I EARNESTLY hope that the legendary Cub makes the A-list -- I've been longing to have that plane back in my hangar for so long now! I keep buying any new Cubs that come along and instantly regret doing so -- they all fall SO FAR SHORT of your standard!

Keep up the good work!
Ryzen 7800X3D|Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX MoBo|32GB DDR5 6000MHz|MSI RTX 4090|Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2SSD|Reverb G2|Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo|MFG Crosswinds pedals|VKB Mark III Gunfighter flight-stick, only flying MSFS now

David_MC
Airman

Post by David_MC »

Excellent news Scott. I assume we will have a no GPS option like the P3D/FSX version for some VOR or VFR flying? Will the liveries use fixed registration numbers or will we be able to enter our own?

I also look forward to the rest of the A2A hangar making it's way to MSFS. Especially, the J3 Cub. MSFS was made for that airplane.

Bat29
Airman

Post by Bat29 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 03 Mar 2023, 09:24 Once the Comanche is out and the dust has settled from all the new tech going in, we definitely want to make a Skyhawk, Cherokee, etc. And once you fly this Comanche you will probably want this 10x more than you do now. BTW, we just crossed a milestone in beta and we expect the following beta builds to generate less and less bug reports.

Scott.
That's awesome to hear Scott. Sounds like you folks are making some good progress. Looking forward to it for sure, as I'm sure we all are. What an awesome time for flight simulation these days!

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

An idle thought of mine... would A2A ever consider 'remaking' or 'upgrading' a default aircraft with Accu-Sim 2.0 tech? Given that another developer has done just that with a few aircraft now, I figured it could be a potential avenue to explore. Not with the goal just to churn out aircraft at a faster rate, but to save reinventing the wheel when there are already beautifully rendered but soulless models out there on the market. I appreciate that for an aircraft to have an A2A badge on it you'd still need access to a real aircraft to ensure it flew by the numbers etc. No cutting of corners to be done. If Accu-Sim 2.0 is now set up to allow easier porting between aircraft, it could work... at least from this layman's point of view :D

I shall never buy an eye-candy add-on that has no depth, but aforementioned eye-candy + Accu-Sim would be a match made in heaven. (Not to wish the A2A modellers out of their jobs! :shock: )

aenigma
Airman

Post by aenigma »

I'm really hoping the sounds are good, because I have yet to hear anything that sounds good in MSFS. The old A2A planes didn't have the best sounds either, but at least they matched the prop when it would shut down which is more than could be said for 90% of the other offering for FSX. The only one I can think of that did a good job of it was the Lancair Legacy.

I really miss the P-51 Civilian, the sounds weren't exactly the best, but they were good enough for the time. That was my favorite plane since it required a lot of babysitting. I even made a panel just for the cowl switches where the covers would actually work in the sim. Good times...

donaldepott
Airman Basic

Post by donaldepott »

Will it be offered in the in sim market place? I rather prefer that as the game gives notices on updates and can be done in game without having to look all over the web to see if there are updates for stuff.

aenigma
Airman

Post by aenigma »

donaldepott wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 11:42 Will it be offered in the in sim market place? I rather prefer that as the game gives notices on updates and can be done in game without having to look all over the web to see if there are updates for stuff.
I would stay away from the marketplace. They won't refund your money if you buy a junk addon, they offer no support and the updates are always weeks behind. I don't know why anybody even uses it. The "convenience" isn't worth it.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

One advantage of Marketplace is that it will make it easy for new pilots to find and correctly install the MSFS version of the Comanche. One disadvantage is that the instant gratification of in-game DLC purchases tends to thwart product research beforehand, and subverts reading the operator's manuals after the aircraft is installed.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”