Accu-Sim Comanche 250 for MSFS is in beta testing

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
donaldepott
Airman Basic

Re: Accu-Sim Comanche 250 for MSFS is in beta testing

Post by donaldepott »

aenigma wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 16:32
donaldepott wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 11:42 Will it be offered in the in sim market place? I rather prefer that as the game gives notices on updates and can be done in game without having to look all over the web to see if there are updates for stuff.
I would stay away from the marketplace. They won't refund your money if you buy a junk addon, they offer no support and the updates are always weeks behind. I don't know why anybody even uses it. The "convenience" isn't worth it.
Well I don't expect the Comanche to be junk.

aenigma
Airman

Post by aenigma »

donaldepott wrote: 13 Mar 2023, 15:55
aenigma wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 16:32
donaldepott wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 11:42 Will it be offered in the in sim market place? I rather prefer that as the game gives notices on updates and can be done in game without having to look all over the web to see if there are updates for stuff.
I would stay away from the marketplace. They won't refund your money if you buy a junk addon, they offer no support and the updates are always weeks behind. I don't know why anybody even uses it. The "convenience" isn't worth it.
Well I don't expect the Comanche to be junk.
Nor do I! I was just speaking generally as I bought the Carenado Seminole when it came out and it was a dumpster fire. When I contacted Carenado for a refund they said to contact Microsoft who then said to contact Carenado and so on.So that was the first and last purchase. They somehow made it worse, now it has lawn mower engine sounds, not that they were any good to begin with anyway. No way to roll back to a version you liked with marketplace either. I knew it was a mistake buying anything Carenado in the first place anyway but I was having a craving for a twin.

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

It is interesting to see that the old characteristics of developers eventually come to the surface again despite being given a new sim platform to produce for.

I wondered how long it might be before the new wave of simmers who don't historically know these devs would begin to realise they were buying crap. Captainsim and carenado haven't used this opportunity of a new sim platform to improve. While Justflight's offerings I feel pleasantly surprised to see they are getting better with the newer tools they can now develop with.
ImageImage

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

I'll probably get kicked of this site for letting this out but, I have it from the top guy here that "It will be released when it's ready."
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Ai2W
Airman

Post by Ai2W »

Mantock wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 03:22 It is interesting to see that the old characteristics of developers eventually come to the surface again despite being given a new sim platform to produce for.

I wondered how long it might be before the new wave of simmers who don't historically know these devs would begin to realise they were buying crap. Captainsim and carenado haven't used this opportunity of a new sim platform to improve. While Justflight's offerings I feel pleasantly surprised to see they are getting better with the newer tools they can now develop with.
Unfortunately humans will always show the true colours eventually.. and speaking of carenado one thing i really wanna know is who is their real world pilot they have apparently test all their aircraft lol 😂 because as soon as it hits a real world pilot it gets hammered for all the things that it doesn’t do accurately.

It similar to just flight and their 160 warrior. It’s way over powered but apparently that’s the data they got from over 10 years ago 😂.
I fly a 160 warrior and I can tell you now no way in 3 knot head winds at sea level are you getting 1400+ fpm climb out and maintaining 80knots with two 77kg persons on board and on tabs lol
Just blame it all on me

aenigma
Airman

Post by aenigma »

Mantock wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 03:22 It is interesting to see that the old characteristics of developers eventually come to the surface again despite being given a new sim platform to produce for.

Yeah they haven't changed a bit. However I am certainly not in the "new wave" as I started simming nearly 30 years ago with FS 5.0 but back when I got that Seminole I just had an itch for another twin and pickings were slim so I thought "eh, how bad could it be?" then soon found out. :lol:

McDonnell-Douglas
Senior Airman

Post by McDonnell-Douglas »

One thing I am looking forward to after the Comanche, and other single pistons are released, is the potential for a twin piston.
If there is a hole in the Accusm product line-up, it is the twin piston. I hate to bring it up, in memory of the Aerostar.

Nevertheless, Accusim could provide a very interesting, educational and cost efficient solution to twin piston training and the unique aspects of engine failure inc. VMC stalls, VYSE climbs, and how drag and centre of gravity effect both.
It's better to practice this in Accusim, or a full motion simulator than in the real airplane.

I am still pushing my agenda for a Beechcraft Baron, the king of kings.

Waffler11
A2A Mechanic

Post by Waffler11 »

McDonnell-Douglas wrote: 18 Mar 2023, 11:31 One thing I am looking forward to after the Comanche, and other single pistons are released, is the potential for a twin piston.
If there is a hole in the Accusm product line-up, it is the twin piston. I hate to bring it up, in memory of the Aerostar.

Nevertheless, Accusim could provide a very interesting, educational and cost efficient solution to twin piston training and the unique aspects of engine failure inc. VMC stalls, VYSE climbs, and how drag and centre of gravity effect both.
It's better to practice this in Accusim, or a full motion simulator than in the real airplane.

I am still pushing my agenda for a Beechcraft Baron, the king of kings.
If nothing else, Black Square will be dropping their analog version of the Baron in a few days (this coming Friday, if I'm not mistaken). I have the analog Bonanza and I can vouch for his quality and attention to detail (and because I bought the Bo, I get 25% off the Baron).

As for a twin piston, I believe Lewis himself said the Aerostar is *definitely* in the works. Whether it will be the next offering is anyone's guess, though. A lot of people have different planes on their wishlist for A2A to do next.

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

Waffler11 wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 08:35 A lot of people have different planes on their wishlist for A2A to do next.
That's my cue for another shameless plug for the T-6 and the Cherokee. :mrgreen: I'd throw the P-40 in there, but there are soooooo many already on the market that I doubt they'd consider it.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Bones wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 15:54
Waffler11 wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 08:35 A lot of people have different planes on their wishlist for A2A to do next.
That's my cue for another shameless plug for the T-6 and the Cherokee. :mrgreen: I'd throw the P-40 in there, but there are soooooo many already on the market that I doubt they'd consider it.
T-6 gets my vote to. Wait a minute, votes don't count here. Dang! :D
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

Perhaps Ron. But there is no harm putting a plug in.

Hopefully the Cub, T-6 and Cherokee all make an appearance. And the Strat…
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

Despite hearing Scott say that they want to focus on aircraft they can get their hands on first, I think they reallly should get the strat and their connie into MSFS. Thats definitely something NOBODY else has come close to, the PMDG DC-6 is good, but its not accusim and captain of the ship.
ImageImage

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Ai2W wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 16:30
Unfortunately humans will always show the true colours eventually.. and speaking of carenado one thing i really wanna know is who is their real world pilot they have apparently test all their aircraft lol 😂 because as soon as it hits a real world pilot it gets hammered for all the things that it doesn’t do accurately.

It might have been tested by the best pilot who may have given the best advice… if you don‘t care about what he says you can still say it has been tested 🤣

Lbe
Airman Basic

Post by Lbe »

Hello, I am really looking forward to the release! It will be my first product from A2A. I hope that the recent sim update didn't cause any problems and messed up the internal schedule. (probably it would be presumptuous to hope for an "official answer"...) Best regards
Christian

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Lbe wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 17:11 Hello, I am really looking forward to the release! It will be my first product from A2A. I hope that the recent sim update didn't cause any problems and messed up the internal schedule. (probably it would be presumptuous to hope for an "official answer"...) Best regards
Christian
Should be fine. We have been testing with the new update installed for several weeks.
DH

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”