Accu-Sim Comanche 250 for MSFS is in beta testing

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Accu-Sim Comanche 250 for MSFS is in beta testing

Post by DHenriques_ »

ImpendingJoker wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 21:34
Yarrik wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 13:05 Will the Comanche have the possibility to be changed a little bit ? For example remove the strut in the centre of the windshield like all the other comenche I saw everywhere, or change the cockpit equipment (GTN750, G5…) remove the tip tanks and stuff like that ?
The originals for FSX and P3D both had options for gap seals, different oils, tip tanks, and many other things that could be swapped out and would have an actual impact on how the aircraft performed. The aircraft modeled was the one that A2A actually owned so the center windshield strut was not in that list if I recall correctly because the real aircraft had it, and it was not an optional add-on like the tip tanks, sound proofing and different props that they modeled.
Relax folks, it's all there........and much MUCH more. I can't speak to the center windshield strut except to say that I haven't seen that mod as yet. There are a LOT of new innovative things available on the tablet.
Right now the team is hard at work dealing with getting the flight model just right in all ranges of the envelope.
We have new builds emerging each week. Because the Comanche will be our breakout product into Microsoft Flight Simulator we want it to be as accurate as possible. This is a time consuming process I admit but it's coming along with each build just a bit closer to what we want.
My personal opinion is that when the Comanche is released it will set a totally new standard for the entire industry.
D Henriques

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 16:59 Relax folks, it's all there...
Including our old familiar moving pilot/passengers rather than the default?

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Bones wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 17:33
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 16:59 Relax folks, it's all there...
Including our old familiar moving pilot/passengers rather than the default?
Not sure about that. I'm working the flight model.
But whatever it turns out to be I think you'll like the result.

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

Thanks, Dudley.

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 16:59 ...when the Comanche is released it will set a totally new standard for the entire industry.
That's a whisker off the standard marketing line of pretty much every new product released these days (not just for flight sims). The difference is that the above is one statement that I DO believe. How rare that is these days when I have grown to be such a natural cynic! :D I appreciate the overall calmness and quiet confidence that A2A bring to the table. It's always been very refreshing.

As I ponder what's to come, my mind keeps inventing random new (and highly improbable) features for the Comanche, from dynamic fingerprints that dirty the gauges when tapped (and can be wiped off), to food packets and litter filling up the cockpit on long flights (assuming you pack snacks in the first place), or dust on the instrument panel that you can write your name in (if you don't clean it) to bug splatters and paint chips or dinks. I should stop thinking...

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Mustang wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 17:58
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 16:59 ...when the Comanche is released it will set a totally new standard for the entire industry.
That's a whisker off the standard marketing line of pretty much every new product released these days (not just for flight sims). The difference is that the above is one statement that I DO believe. How rare that is these days when I have grown to be such a natural cynic! :D I appreciate the overall calmness and quiet confidence that A2A bring to the table. It's always been very refreshing.

As I ponder what's to come, my mind keeps inventing random new (and highly improbable) features for the Comanche, from dynamic fingerprints that dirty the gauges when tapped (and can be wiped off), to food packets and litter filling up the cockpit on long flights (assuming you pack snacks in the first place), or dust on the instrument panel that you can write your name in (if you don't clean it) to bug splatters and paint chips or dinks. I should stop thinking...
As I deal mainly with the flight model, much of what I relate to all of you when I post here on the forum is based on my personal observance on how hard the team is working and on my almost daily phone conservations with Scott. I have seen first hand how difficult some things have been for the team to integrate into the Comanche as much of what they are doing (and accomplishing if I might add) is new and ground breaking as I have said.
What I see is a team effort dedicated to "getting it right" as opposed to "getting it out".
You can rest assured that whatever I post here for you in the way of an update is not in any way
"a whisker off the standard marketing line" :-))))))))))))
DH

Malva21181
Airman Basic

Post by Malva21181 »

I think the community is requesting a number of features that are totally unnecessary for flight simulation. Wasting time developing superfluous features is a waste of company resources that could be used for much more relevant issues. A2A should focus their efforts on the systems and the flight model that is still bad in msfs 2020, especially the ground physics. When landing or taking off there is no sensation of work of the shock absorbers. It seems that we are in a gokart. What I would like to see is something similar to the ground physics seen in the BeamNG racing game. That would be extraordinary.

jeanl2
Airman

Post by jeanl2 »

Drizzle wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 16:45
It will be interesting to see if MSFS code allows them to bring us Accu Feel somewhere down the road...
There’s already something quite similar called FSRrealistic, and it’s pretty good. It adds camera shake, various sound effects for ground roll, airframe wind, turbulence, etc. and even a first person mode.

Drizzle
Airman

Post by Drizzle »

jeanl2 wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 01:47
It will be interesting to see if MSFS code allows them to bring us Accu Feel somewhere down the road...
There’s already something quite similar called FSRrealistic, and it’s pretty good. It adds camera shake, various sound effects for ground roll, airframe wind, turbulence, etc. and even a first person mode.
Thanks jeanl2. You are correct, and I already own that.

And while I was mostly pointing out the distinction between Accu-Sim and Accu-Feel in that post, I would prefer what I remember of Accu-Feel to FSRealistic, if given the opportunity to make that choice. Not that FSRealistic is bad. I just recall Accu-Feel being more to my liking. :)
Ryzen 7800X3D|Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX MoBo|32GB DDR5 6000MHz|MSI RTX 4090|Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2SSD|Reverb G2|Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo|MFG Crosswinds pedals|VKB Mark III Gunfighter flight-stick, only flying MSFS now

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

Malva21181 wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 19:10 I think the community is requesting a number of features that are totally unnecessary for flight simulation. Wasting time developing superfluous features is a waste of company resources that could be used for much more relevant issues. A2A should focus their efforts on the systems and the flight model that is still bad in msfs 2020, especially the ground physics. When landing or taking off there is no sensation of work of the shock absorbers. It seems that we are in a gokart. What I would like to see is something similar to the ground physics seen in the BeamNG racing game. That would be extraordinary.
If by "the community" you mean my earlier post, rest assured that most of my suggestions were deliberately over-the-top and not in any way serious, though for sure a few 'extras' can be nice to bring some fun to the serious side of simulation. For example, visible dirt and wear can be as relevant as mechanical wear, but some might think it's a waste of time and resource to implement. Some find the visuals unimportant vs the accuracy of the flight model and systems. Everyone wants different things from their simulators. I don't like a 'sterile' simulation, but for training purposes some might want every flight to be the same and for the simulator to work consistently at all times. Me, I like a little chaos thrown in :twisted:

But when you say "A2A should focus their efforts on...", please remember that that is YOUR opinion, and it may not coincide with everyone else's, nor the collective A2A team. But as it happens I agree with you for the most part :D

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

jeanl2 wrote: 21 Feb 2023, 01:47
With A2A the name of the game is realism. To achieve that we have visual input and audio input.
These two ingredients are the meat and potatoes of the desktop flight simulation experience.
Almost everything that goes into an add on aircraft either has or doesn't have these two vital ingredients present.
For the flight model we delve deeply into the actual physics involved in every facet of the plane's performance then we project this using the tools available. In almost every instance this will involve either audio or visual presentation through the computer and on to a monitor. From there it is up to the individual user to complete the depth of fidelity, accuracy, and realism with the peripherals chosen and how they are used.
The end result or how good this all turns out requires a combination of input from us here at A2A and the end user and how they use what we have created.
So in a way, one can truthfully say that when it comes down to the total flight simulation experience it takes "two to tango".
In our case here at A2A after the flight model has been coded for accuracy using our combined experience as pilots and coders, we then delve deeply into our memories and first hand experience to recall the "extras", the little things in other words, that we remember as being present as we were engaged in actually flying the airplane. We do our best to include these things as "icing on the cake" so that the user flying our planes can "feel" closely what we remember as being present while in the airplane.
Always remember when thinking about an A2A aircraft.........that our ultimate goal has never really been the money end of the equation. It's necessary yes, but not our main purpose when we create an airplane for the public. For us it has always been the "fun" of creating our products.
This is just a glimpse inside what we do and our reasons for doing it. Naturally there is more to it but I hope this gives everyone a basic look "inside" A2A.
D Henriques

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

Malva21181 wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 19:10 I think the community is requesting a number of features that are totally unnecessary for flight simulation. Wasting time developing superfluous features is a waste of company resources that could be used for much more relevant issues.
What I asked about (pilot/passengers) was not really superfluous since it was part of the Comanche and all the other GA offerings in P3D. If we're only concerned with the flight model, we might as well do away with the exterior model altogether. :wink:

Yarrik
Airman

Post by Yarrik »

Malva21181 wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 19:10 I think the community is requesting a number of features that are totally unnecessary for flight simulation. Wasting time developing superfluous features is a waste of company resources that could be used for much more relevant issues. A2A should focus their efforts on the systems and the flight model that is still bad in msfs 2020, especially the ground physics. When landing or taking off there is no sensation of work of the shock absorbers. It seems that we are in a gokart. What I would like to see is something similar to the ground physics seen in the BeamNG racing game. That would be extraordinary.
Simply if I open the sim with the airplane on the parking ready to go I feel like it's all fake and empty, doesnt matter if the ground or flight physics is wonderful if I'm playing something feature-less. Small features like custom the airplane equipment, maintenance, walkaround, load and passengers enhance the experience. You feel like you are truly preparing the airplane for the flight and you are motivated to behave like in real life. And also, the more features you have the more on top you are respect to other addons. If you, for example, take in consideration the Just flight Pa28...the physics is good, but it's missing the pitot cover, maintenance and lots of failures.. How the hell you pretend to behave like in real life, you know that the airplane cannot fail, you disgregard lots of things and you dont learn and improve your skills.

Jorge Bach
Airman First Class

Post by Jorge Bach »

Yarrik wrote: 23 Feb 2023, 12:24
Simply if I open the sim with the airplane on the parking ready to go I feel like it's all fake and empty, doesnt matter if the ground or flight physics is wonderful if I'm playing something feature-less. Small features like custom the airplane equipment, maintenance, walkaround, load and passengers enhance the experience. You feel like you are truly preparing the airplane for the flight and you are motivated to behave like in real life. And also, the more features you have the more on top you are respect to other addons. If you, for example, take in consideration the Just flight Pa28...the physics is good, but it's missing the pitot cover, maintenance and lots of failures.. How the hell you pretend to behave like in real life, you know that the airplane cannot fail, you disgregard lots of things and you dont learn and improve your skills.
+ 1000 :D

Drizzle
Airman

Post by Drizzle »

Yarrik wrote: 23 Feb 2023, 12:24
I heartily second the 'walk-around' feature. (The others, too -- but...)

I am hoping we'll get this with the MSFS -- and earnestly hoping it might work in VR! I never managed to get that to work for me in P3D...

And I 100% agree that the little 'living details' like these encourage me to treat my flight more like Real Life. An important part of my simming experience, now that I no longer own an airplane, and my health and budget make it unlikely that I ever will again...
Ryzen 7800X3D|Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX MoBo|32GB DDR5 6000MHz|MSI RTX 4090|Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2SSD|Reverb G2|Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo|MFG Crosswinds pedals|VKB Mark III Gunfighter flight-stick, only flying MSFS now

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”