Accu-Sim Comanche 250 for MSFS is in beta testing

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Accu-Sim Comanche 250 for MSFS is in beta testing

Post by AKar »

Jorge Bach wrote: 15 May 2023, 10:15 I can't remember if my old A2A Comanche had any anti ice on P3D.
There is no anti-ice, aside the pitot heat, in the P3D's A2A Comanche. This is true to the real one. It is very rare to find light (in this context, unpressurized less-than six-seaters) piston singles with much any anti-ice capability, though some do exist. Maybe in some extremely rare cases, the said anti-ice capability is also operational.

-Esa

Jorge Bach
Airman First Class

Post by Jorge Bach »

AKar wrote: 15 May 2023, 11:26
Jorge Bach wrote: 15 May 2023, 10:15 I can't remember if my old A2A Comanche had any anti ice on P3D.
There is no anti-ice, aside the pitot heat, in the P3D's A2A Comanche. This is true to the real one. It is very rare to find light (in this context, unpressurized less-than six-seaters) piston singles with much any anti-ice capability, though some do exist. Maybe in some extremely rare cases, the said anti-ice capability is also operational.

-Esa
I've supposed this, many thanks for the confirmation.

MaxZ
Senior Airman

Post by MaxZ »

AKar wrote: 15 May 2023, 11:26 Maybe in some extremely rare cases, the said anti-ice capability is also operational.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Extremely rare? MUST be exaggerated. Twice I had the chance to ferry a C210 with the optional wing deicing...both times inop.
Public service announcement: You put an aircraft in a hangar, not a hanger.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

MaxZ wrote: 16 May 2023, 15:02
AKar wrote: 15 May 2023, 11:26 Maybe in some extremely rare cases, the said anti-ice capability is also operational.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Extremely rare? MUST be exaggerated. Twice I had the chance to ferry a C210 with the optional wing deicing...both times inop.
We can try this one! :D

Anyone who has ever seen an unpressurized light piston single with four seats or less (even 210 is six-seater and oftentimes pressurized) with actually functional anti-/de-icing system, please chime in!

No internet specs drooling or stupid simulator game configurations with all possible and impossible bells and whistles (always wonderfully working and without weight penalty)... none of the BS like that - actual flying airplane with provably functional airframe anti-/de-ice. Let's say prop ice protection alone also qualifies as Honorable Mention. What do not count are sensor and windshield ice protection or de-frosting. :)

I actually come close myself, I once met a SOCATA TB (I don't remember the exact model) with TKS system onboard that wasn't placarded or logged inop. But I couldn't confirm it working and I think remembering it had no fluid in it, so I have to be reasonable here: probably inoperative.

-Esa

MaxZ
Senior Airman

Post by MaxZ »

Ok so we do not count pitot heat then :lol: .
I'll am interested and offer a free beer (self pickup) for anyone that can come up with credible proof of having seen such an aircraft. :D
Public service announcement: You put an aircraft in a hangar, not a hanger.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

MaxZ wrote: 17 May 2023, 07:05 I'll am interested and offer a free beer (self pickup) for anyone that can come up with credible proof of having seen such an aircraft. :D
The aforementioned SOCATA is indeed my sole reason to believe such a mythical thing exists. I mean, the TKS system even could have been operative for all that I know, in which case, I have encountered something truly special in my life, and something that not many life-long aviators have ever encountered. And even if it was not operative, it serves as a proof that such systems do exist, or at least, have existed, in light four-seaters, as it would have had to been operational for some brief time, for the installers to sign off the STC initially. :D

-Esa

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Are we counting TKS equipped Cirrus? These are a very common sights over here. It very pretty to look at the leading edge of those wings. The system alone must be worth more than some light singles.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

DA-42s are also FIKI certified.

jphustman
Airman

Post by jphustman »

Scott - A2A wrote: 11 May 2023, 16:40
trisho0 wrote: 11 May 2023, 09:00 Hello Scott, that's the good news for Comanche 250. Any plan for MSFS the Connie?
We want to first concentrate on airplanes we own or have ownership type access too so we can continue stress testing the new Accu-Sim physics and systems. This is why we started with our Comanche. There are countless times we run out to test the Comanche against something new against the system. We do it because when everything is right to the core, it's not just cool to experience, but it makes our quality of life as developers better. When you have this phenomenal platform just chugging along creating this realism, in what is an awesome looking MSFS world, it's just convincing on an all new level.
I love this, I imagine a conversation like this:

Programmer: "Hey, umm... Scott? Umm.. we need to verify the sound when you flip this switch while cruising at 9,500 feet."

Scott: "It probably sounds like it did when we flipped that switch at 9,000 feet, but we better make sure."

jsbrewster1
Senior Airman

Post by jsbrewster1 »

jphustman wrote: 17 May 2023, 18:41
Scott - A2A wrote: 11 May 2023, 16:40
trisho0 wrote: 11 May 2023, 09:00 Hello Scott, that's the good news for Comanche 250. Any plan for MSFS the Connie?
We want to first concentrate on airplanes we own or have ownership type access too so we can continue stress testing the new Accu-Sim physics and systems. This is why we started with our Comanche. There are countless times we run out to test the Comanche against something new against the system. We do it because when everything is right to the core, it's not just cool to experience, but it makes our quality of life as developers better. When you have this phenomenal platform just chugging along creating this realism, in what is an awesome looking MSFS world, it's just convincing on an all new level.
I love this, I imagine a conversation like this:

Programmer: "Hey, umm... Scott? Umm.. we need to verify the sound when you flip this switch while cruising at 9,500 feet."

Scott: "It probably sounds like it did when we flipped that switch at 9,000 feet, but we better make sure."
And 7 years later, "we have 9080 feet, but what about 9079 feet?" At this point, from my perspective, this airplane doesn't exist until it's released.
Jeff Brewster
KC-135 Navigator
US Air Force (retired)
"...and miles to go before I sleep..." - RF

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Oracle427 wrote: 17 May 2023, 17:08 Are we counting TKS equipped Cirrus? These are a very common sights over here. It very pretty to look at the leading edge of those wings. The system alone must be worth more than some light singles.
We surely do, and those are new enough so that I'd believe we can trust they are often, if not always, functional as well. :) A good and obvious one, I must say I missed Cirrus - those were not at all common yet when I was more in GA circles and it (almost) makes sense to have TKS in one, at least in turbocharged model. It is a good system, I've mostly encountered it in light jets (and in that one odd SOCATA).
cristi.neagu wrote: 17 May 2023, 17:20 DA-42s are also FIKI certified.
But not singles. :) I think it should get the Honorable Mention in an entirely different category: name a four-seat (or less) light twin. Seminole comes to mind as well, but not many others.

-Esa

Salyh672
Airman Basic

Post by Salyh672 »

Why it takes so long even for a tutorial video ?

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

Salyh672 wrote: 18 May 2023, 08:44 Why it takes so long even for a tutorial video ?
Tutorial videos really aren't that easy to make. Try it for yourself. Choose a feature on any aircraft you want, think how best to explain it, launch the sim, get everything set up, and just explain it to yourself. I bet it's going to take you at least half a day if you're really good. Now imagine having to do it for an entire airplane, while recording yourself, doing multiple takes, multiple angles, and then editing the entire thing.

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

And then you have to arrange for Alison to be available to record the new A2A theme song. :D
Cheers
Trev

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

I think after released the Comanche 250 for MSFS then we can have the tutorial video. It doesn't make sense to have the tutorial without the Comanche 250 loaded in the sim.
Pat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”