Accu-Sim Comanche 250 for MSFS is in beta testing

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Accu-Sim Comanche 250 for MSFS is in beta testing

Post by DHenriques_ »

TreeTops wrote: 18 May 2023, 18:26 And then you have to arrange for Alison to be available to record the new A2A theme song. :D
Cristi is right. The Comanche for MSFS integrated into Accusim is the most difficult program we have ever attempted. If we just wanted an ordinary Comanche we could have released one a year ago. We realize it's been a LONG time in the pipeline and we are well aware that the entire community is chafing at the bit and getting very impatient with us. I myself have been here on the forum many times asking for the community to be patient and that what will emerge coming out of the Beta will be ground breaking. Trust me......it will. I've seen it myself and what I have seen is better than even we could have imagined.
About the upcoming videos;
The reason it is taking a long time is that even the videos will be ground breaking. These are no ordinary tutorials. Scott has been working VERY hard on these. They will be a series of videos explaining in a depth never before seen or heard done for flight simulator. The depth of knowledge contained in these videos is unbelievable. There are audio/visual programs used for actual flight training that don't come close to the quality and depth of these videos. People watching these videos will emerge knowing more about flying and more about the Comanche than has ever been released to the sim community.
I'd like to tell you all this will be done by tomorrow but I won't. I will tell you the videos and the Comanche both are deep in development and will be released soon.
I will also tell you that from what I have seen and discussed personally with Scott, the A2A Comanche when released will set a standard never before seen on a flight simulator.
Dudley Henriques

Iadbound
Airman

Post by Iadbound »

Dudley,

That was a very confident and impassioned email, but a bit dangerous too. After all, superlatives leave no where to go but down. Regardless, we are all looking forward to it.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Iadbound wrote: 18 May 2023, 20:14 Dudley,

That was a very confident and impassioned email, but a bit dangerous too. After all, superlatives leave no where to go but down. Regardless, we are all looking forward to it.
I'm not in the habit of making false claims.
DH

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 18 May 2023, 19:41 the A2A Comanche when released will set a standard never before seen on a flight simulator.
Dudley Henriques
Dudley, I believe you completely. I've seen what A2A has done in the past. This is a very exciting time. Thanks for your input.

Hook

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Hook wrote: 18 May 2023, 22:15
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 18 May 2023, 19:41 the A2A Comanche when released will set a standard never before seen on a flight simulator.
Dudley Henriques
Dudley, I believe you completely. I've seen what A2A has done in the past. This is a very exciting time. Thanks for your input.

Hook
Thank you. Every once in a while I scan the forum and discover our troops are suffering from anticipation syndrome :-)
When that happens I try to bring everyone up to date based on what I have seen personally and through my almost daily conversations with Scott.
The reason for my positive comments is simply the result of my personal experience on that daily basis.
The last thing I would ever wish to do would be to mislead people or embellish the truth in any way. I hope the majority of our A2A community see this and accept that I would never attempt to mislead them.
The moment I begin to believe people feel I might be exaggerating or embellishing the truth that will be the last time I ever post here on the forum.
Again, thank you very much for your confidence both in me personally and in A2A.
Dudley Henriques

Michael-C172pilot
Airman First Class

Post by Michael-C172pilot »

Thank you for this exciting announcement. A2A has a reputation for overdelivering, not for hype. I am really curious to see. Cannot wait to fly an A2A C172 for MSFS. When its done...

So I understand you worked for this project for several years now. Just curious - did the constant sim Updates cause you trouble in development?

Iadbound
Airman

Post by Iadbound »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 18 May 2023, 20:28
Iadbound wrote: 18 May 2023, 20:14

I'm not in the habit of making false claims.
DH
Dudley,

I was not suggesting that you were making false claims. I was thinking instead about how harsh the community can be sometimes, particularly when superlatives are used in reference to a product. My apologies if I implied any suggestion that you were being anything but genuine in your view of, and enthusiasm for, the Comanche. That was not my intent.

Dan

Waffler11
A2A Mechanic

Post by Waffler11 »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 18 May 2023, 19:41
TreeTops wrote: 18 May 2023, 18:26 And then you have to arrange for Alison to be available to record the new A2A theme song. :D
Cristi is right. The Comanche for MSFS integrated into Accusim is the most difficult program we have ever attempted. If we just wanted an ordinary Comanche we could have released one a year ago. We realize it's been a LONG time in the pipeline and we are well aware that the entire community is chafing at the bit and getting very impatient with us. I myself have been here on the forum many times asking for the community to be patient and that what will emerge coming out of the Beta will be ground breaking. Trust me......it will. I've seen it myself and what I have seen is better than even we could have imagined.
About the upcoming videos;
The reason it is taking a long time is that even the videos will be ground breaking. These are no ordinary tutorials. Scott has been working VERY hard on these. They will be a series of videos explaining in a depth never before seen or heard done for flight simulator. The depth of knowledge contained in these videos is unbelievable. There are audio/visual programs used for actual flight training that don't come close to the quality and depth of these videos. People watching these videos will emerge knowing more about flying and more about the Comanche than has ever been released to the sim community.
I'd like to tell you all this will be done by tomorrow but I won't. I will tell you the videos and the Comanche both are deep in development and will be released soon.
I will also tell you that from what I have seen and discussed personally with Scott, the A2A Comanche when released will set a standard never before seen on a flight simulator.
Dudley Henriques
Ha ha! Excellent! A good way to kill time at work when things are slow! :P

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

In the years that i've been using A2A products and flying their aircraft on my own channel I have definitely expect nothing less from A2A and when Dudley makes those claims that completely fits with their vision, hard work and achievements.
ImageImage

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Scott must be so deep into video creating that Dudley has plenty of time to help improve other developers' addons in the meantime.

Dudley, here again, I love it. Thank you for your huge dedication to this hobby! :D

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

MarcE wrote: 19 May 2023, 17:56 Scott must be so deep into video creating that Dudley has plenty of time to help improve other developers' addons in the meantime.

Dudley, here again, I love it. Thank you for your huge dedication to this hobby! :D
I don't usually do that. LOL.

The Cessna 414 is unique as it's an individual effort by a very nice and dedicated developer. He has worked very hard on the plane and it shows. I simply noticed one small area that could use a "tweak" and chimed in with some support.
My basic area of concern is of course here as always.
DH

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

so we close... hope accu-sim will not touch or make better msfs dynamic air flows and different way above desert and between hills turbulent and wings go heavier:) in fsx that's was possible only in certain mission, where pressure go down in mountains, there you should found crashed ac with your maule... for me that live air in msfs most advantage over any "realistic" stuff, what i'm stay skeptical about, as i said before, for me a2a do best stuff, best realistic as possible today i guess, but i stay think is overkill, like another edge of line at another - fully casual,,, i hope, after you create your overkill accu-sim, all other birds will born faster, 3 years guys, 3 years of hard work for create realistic things, that, i'm sorry will not much more real than other good things on the market like pmdg or milviz or flyingiron, sure that's subjectively, like time's relativity... and what most sad in that situation, we got so many good ga for now, but no one good enough mustang, and first will comanche... better be that comache would rah-66 than just one more slow piston however good it is:)
any way big big thank you... with understanding not too many people with fighter's obsession like i have... and i really hope all wires birds you will create will have dynamic surface and virtual joysick/yoke, pedals depend on airflow not on physical joystick/rudder position... i mean if we trim ailerons at 170knts that's mean not only left trim tab go down, but aileron go up at angle that need for compensate banking out horizon... same about rudder and elevator... because if not this is really not realistic and very noticeable:) btw afaik in other models today nobody do this, and even your models for p3d didn't model it, you can move ac in msfs only by trimmers, and see that's crazy thing virtual controls and surfaces stay in neutral and that's horrible...
but in any way as i said, all of you and your colleagues from other companies do incredible work i know that you know that we know that:)
rank is not classified airman - forum's engine glitch(again!)

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

einherz wrote: 19 May 2023, 23:43 so we close... hope accu-sim will not touch or make better msfs dynamic air flows and different way above desert and between hills turbulent and wings go heavier:) in fsx that's was possible only in certain mission, where pressure go down in mountains, there you should found crashed ac with your maule... for me that live air in msfs most advantage over any "realistic" stuff, what i'm stay skeptical about, as i said before, for me a2a do best stuff, best realistic as possible today i guess, but i stay think is overkill, like another edge of line at another - fully casual,,, i hope, after you create your overkill accu-sim, all other birds will born faster, 3 years guys, 3 years of hard work for create realistic things, that, i'm sorry will not much more real than other good things on the market like pmdg or milviz or flyingiron, sure that's subjectively, like time's relativity... and what most sad in that situation, we got so many good ga for now, but no one good enough mustang, and first will comanche... better be that comache would rah-66 than just one more slow piston however good it is:)
any way big big thank you... with understanding not too many people with fighter's obsession like i have... and i really hope all wires birds you will create will have dynamic surface and virtual joysick/yoke, pedals depend on airflow not on physical joystick/rudder position... i mean if we trim ailerons at 170knts that's mean not only left trim tab go down, but aileron go up at angle that need for compensate banking out horizon... same about rudder and elevator... because if not this is really not realistic and very noticeable:) btw afaik in other models today nobody do this, and even your models for p3d didn't model it, you can move ac in msfs only by trimmers, and see that's crazy thing virtual controls and surfaces stay in neutral and that's horrible...
but in any way as i said, all of you and your colleagues from other companies do incredible work i know that you know that we know that:)
Trim is a very difficult topic in flightsim since our hardware doesn't replicate what's happening in the sim. With the aileron as an example: If you fly an aircraft that has aileron trim and you set the trim significantly to either side (which would indicate a problem with your plane rather than a normal situation) your INGAME yoke would tilt to this side. So the input forces would be neutralized with this yoke position. Now you look at the yoke in front of you and it's perfectly centered. I wouldn't like this, would you?

Regarding the rudder trim in the sim and the ability to directional control on the ground... that's obviously utter nonsense made up by Asobo for no sensible reason except a total misunderstanding of trim. What Asobo seems to do is simply add a trim value to the control input instead of changing the behaviour of the plane. There are addon aircraft where you can even increase the effectiveness of the rudder by adding trim. And that's why you can steer many aircraft with rudder trim. Another big issue in this sim is the advice of many developers to add trim before takeoff IN ORDER TO BE ABLE to stay on the runway during the takeoff run. That's nonsense again. Of course you'll notice a different zero force position when you apply power in a Spitfire that has 6 units rudder trim applied against one that has zero but the actual rudder POSITION has nothing to do with where the trim is set, only with what your feet are doing. You'll have to keep the plane straight regardless what you do with your trim. You'll just have another neutral force position. That's again not possible to recreate correctly in the sim as our rudder pedals don't have force feedback. They are always centered and the devs have to work with that.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

MarcE wrote: 20 May 2023, 07:39 [...] They are always centered and the devs have to work with that.
There will always be some subjectivity in "mapping" of flight controls that have variable neutral zero-force position in real life into PC controllers with fixed centering. I have always, strongly and vocally, preferred the DCS way of representing this, with trim resulting in displacement of aerodynamic controls of the model with zero input from pilot where appropriate, also shown on the model, over the FS way of trim acting as if there was an invisible trimmable stabilizer acting on the affected axes. At its worst, the FS system can effectively reposition the entire range of flight control's authority, resulting in, well, stupid nonsense. DCS's way, on the other hand, results in a bit of learning curve with things such as helicopters, as it takes some initial mental effort to understand what's going on. (A computer game + mental effort ... sounds a horrid idea!)

-Esa

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

AKar wrote: 20 May 2023, 08:23
MarcE wrote: 20 May 2023, 07:39 [...] They are always centered and the devs have to work with that.
There will always be some subjectivity in "mapping" of flight controls that have variable neutral zero-force position in real life into PC controllers with fixed centering. I have always, strongly and vocally, preferred the DCS way of representing this, with trim resulting in displacement of aerodynamic controls of the model with zero input from pilot where appropriate, also shown on the model, over the FS way of trim acting as if there was an invisible trimmable stabilizer acting on the affected axes. At its worst, the FS system can effectively reposition the entire range of flight control's authority, resulting in, well, stupid nonsense. DCS's way, on the other hand, results in a bit of learning curve with things such as helicopters, as it takes some initial mental effort to understand what's going on. (A computer game + mental effort ... sounds a horrid idea!)

-Esa
I agree, DCS has a great trim system. However in DCS you only have aircraft that use sticks, the upcoming Herc will be interesting though. ^^ But even in DCS the helicopter force trim has to deal with none FFB hardware, it does it much more elegant though. My choice in Huey, Hind etc is to press the Force trim button and then center my stick. In the Hornet for example the trim hat button will move the stick. With a stick this looks the same regardless how it's trimmed. But if you fly a Comanche and your yoke is dispositioned to the left while your Honeycomb or CH in front of you is centered it will look weird. (I personally remove the ingame yoke anyway if I fly on the screen and only show it in VR :D)

But on the ground the yoke would still be synchronized to the hardware until airstream gets added..

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”