Getting a little worried

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
FunktasticLucky
Airman

Re: Getting a little worried

Post by FunktasticLucky »

CoyoteLoco wrote: 31 Dec 2022, 15:28
aenigma wrote: 31 Dec 2022, 14:43
CoyoteLoco wrote: 31 Dec 2022, 12:45

I can't agree more. I tried to get into MSFS2020 when it first came out and found it to be nothing special, especially when I could not find a "smooth pan" of the VC and using my hat only offered "snap to" visuals of the different gauges. I tried different settings in the Views settings, couldn't find smooth panning and deleted MSFS.

I don't have the "problems" everybody else seemed to have with P3D. It works very well for me, no crashing, good framerates, etc. Just a personal preference and I'm afraid that add-on companies will be leaving further development of P3D in their rear-view mirror.

Dana
In controls search for look left, look right, look up and look down and map that to your hat switch. Pretty simple. Of course you need to make sure to unbind anything else on your hat switch as well so you don't have the quickviews interfering.
Sounds like those are still "snap to" views. You can correct me if I am wrong. I want a smooth transitional view. Besides, this is just the beginning of my issues with MSFS. Now, and there is much about it on the PMDG forums, is the unrealistic weather and ASOBO not allowing weather modelers to program their engines for MSFS.

I am very happy with P3D, do not want to dump it for something that every time ASOBO puts out an update breaks something in the sophisticated aircraft being modeled for it.

As I stated, LM P3D is extremely stable for me. I can do 17 hr. flights in a T7 (PMDG) and have zero issues. Why throw out something which gives me hours of pleasure. If add-on manufacturers quit making add-ons for P3D it'll be a bummer and I will have to live with that. However, those developers will also have to live without my dollar.

Dana
P3D is getting left behind because it is stale. Flying over alaska at 1500 ft and seeing all the trees, beautiful lighting and underneath a cloud layer is just UNMATCHED. Even making long flights in airliners coming out of clouds on an approach over a fully fleshed out city or housing development is amazing. P3D scenery and clouds just can't cut it anymore. I have never had a CTD in MSFS that wasn't caused by an incompatible add on from an update or something of that nature.

I'm not entirely sure about what you mean on the unrealistic weather. The weather is still very much in development as things are getting updated to add things like thermals. But things are definitely evolving constantly and it will continue to change as more and more systems come on line like the soft body physics and CFD for all the aircraft.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”