Lockheed Martin engages Unreal Engine

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
TuFun
Senior Airman

Lockheed Martin engages Unreal Engine

Post by TuFun »

The opportunities that Unreal Engine opens up has Breed excited about the future of simulation training. The fact that core capabilities are already in place, that the engine can deliver unprecedented levels of realism in visual quality, its interoperability, customizable code, scalability, and the large talent pool available for hire—all combine to provide a platform that Lockheed Martin can use now, and in the future.

“The capability of the engine has gone so far, it solves the use case from the individual platform level to the space level,” he says. “It allows us to focus on the differentiators we want to work, rather than rebuilding something that Unreal has already perfected.”

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/spot ... lation-r-d

Military trainers make wonder if A2A is involved in some way since involved with the Air Force.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Re: Lockheed Martin engages Unreal Engine

Post by bullfox »

What the heck is Unreal Engine?
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

bullfox wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 19:14 What the heck is Unreal Engine?
"Unreal Engine
The world's most advanced real-time 3D creation tool for photoreal visuals and immersive experiences."
https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/unreal-engine-5

A lot of first-person shooters and other games are produced using Unreal Engine. Ace Combat 7 uses Unreal Engine 4, for example.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Do an image search for "Titanic: Honor and Glory". It's being made in Unreal Engine. If I didn't know it was impossible, I'd swear I was looking at real pictures of the actual ship.

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

.... or watch the video on this page: https://titanichg.com/about
--
Image--Image

Stafford Brown
Airman

Post by Stafford Brown »

I read through the link. Adam Breed is over Prepar3d so the mention of a 30-year-old platform and needing a modern platform to me confirms they will switch to Unreal for the sim engine.

That way they can simulate ground and marine ops along with aviation.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Does this mean that MSFS will have some competition if LM release to us "learners"??

Cheers,
Michael
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”