Name has been changed to protect the Irish

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Name has been changed to protect the Irish

Post by Ron Attwood »

Malcolm had long heard the stories of an amazing family tradition. It seems that his father, grandfather and great-grandfather had all been able to 'walk on water' on their 18th birthday.

On that special day, they'd each walked across the lake to the pub on the far side for their first legal drink.

So when Paddy's, 18th birthday came 'round, he and his pal Mick, took a boat out to the middle of the lake, Malcolm, stepped out of the boat ... and nearly drowned!

Mick just barely managed to pull him to safety. Furious and confused, Malcolm, went to see his grandmother. '
Grandma,' he asked, "It's my 18th birthday, so why can't I walk across the lake like my father, his father, and his father before him?"

Granny looked deeply into Malcolm's, troubled brown eyes and said, "Because your father, your grandfather and your great grandfather were all born in January, when the lake is frozen, and you were born in August..."
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: Name has been changed to protect the Irish

Post by Killratio »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly the same thing happened to me....and the last time our lake froze was 1909!
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Another good one Ron :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep smiling
Tug :)

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

You know my mother-in-law is (part) Irish. And I have to say, a great many things suddenly make perfect sense now.

Thanks Ron!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”