MSFS2020 single prop- left rudder takeoff incorrect?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
ckeating
Airman

MSFS2020 single prop- left rudder takeoff incorrect?

Post by ckeating »

Question for all you experts out there. I'm not a real pilot so I could be mistaken.

In any of the single prop planes in FS2020 152, 172, G36 improvement project, the planes veer right on takeoff, requiring left rudder. Isn't this the opposite of what it should be, shouldn't it require RIGHT rudder on takeoff?

When testing I set zero wind.

Thanks in advance.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: MSFS2020 single prop- left rudder takeoff incorrect?

Post by DHenriques_ »

ckeating wrote: 08 Oct 2022, 11:58 Question for all you experts out there. I'm not a real pilot so I could be mistaken.

In any of the single prop planes in FS2020 152, 172, G36 improvement project, the planes veer right on takeoff, requiring left rudder. Isn't this the opposite of what it should be, shouldn't it require RIGHT rudder on takeoff?

When testing I set zero wind.

Thanks in advance.
Sounds like something in settings; perhaps the reverse box is checked for the rudder?
Anyway, normal forces for these planes should be force left, rudder correction to the right to stabilize.
DH

Alfredson007
Technical Sergeant

Post by Alfredson007 »

Probably worth mentioning that as of now even the slightest crosswind from the right causes the plane to veer into the wind so much that left rudder is required.

In no wind conditions there is some left turning tendency in the msfs c172 etc. And even more if the wind is from the left.

ckeating
Airman

Post by ckeating »

Alfredson007 wrote: 11 Oct 2022, 17:34 Probably worth mentioning that as of now even the slightest crosswind from the right causes the plane to veer into the wind so much that left rudder is required.

In no wind conditions there is some left turning tendency in the msfs c172 etc. And even more if the wind is from the left.
Maybe it is wind related. If tested since this post again and sometimes it’s left rudder sometimes its right. Strange

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

i know gow that sound. but check your settings again. even if you sure 100% some time center of axis can moved. or as mention above axis set reversed way.... so. check rud trim and pedals axis center. before run watch pedals or and rudder movement rudder trimm set in the cockpit. after all check you will found where the problem
p.s. about wind in msfs all default aircraft whatever 3rd wheel she had they all modeled by vertical stabilizer momentum. so wind from the right to the left will turn nose right and opposite. but from first post i get it as you set no wind. and problem indeed with controls implementation
rank is not classified airman - forum's engine glitch(again!)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”