MSFS2020 is completely unrealistic with new wind model

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Bones
Staff Sergeant

Re: MSFS2020 is completely unrealistic with new wind model

Post by Bones »

[quoteI honestly believe that FS2020 IS the go-to sim of the future.
Time will tell.
DH
[/quote]
Just one little Piper missing...

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Bones wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 20:59
Just one little Piper missing...
On a serious note but since you brought it to my mind... ;D

Float planes have always been a totally under-developed family in Microsoft flight sim and Prepar3d. Can't speak for XP. The Accusim Piper Cub ("one little Piper" ;) ) was a real revolution on the sim water. I don't know of any other developer who even cared to do it closer than what MS gave us as default. In MSFS it's absolutely terrible. Then radial engines to leave the Pipers behind a bit.. they are nice to look at in MSFS and the DC-6 at least brings a great immersion to this engine type but who was it to revolutionize radial engines in flight sim? A2A with Accusim. I can only hope that A2A have found a way to bring all this quality to MSFS eventually to make a real change.

Mace
Airman First Class

Post by Mace »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 18:57 I have to admit I'm liking FS2020 more as time passes. It needs work for sure but the potential is there. Right now for me anyway it's basically a VFR sim as Asobo for some reason seems hell bent on avoiding the absolutely unbelievably bad ATC interfacing.
As I said........a work in progress. I honestly believe that FS2020 IS the go-to sim of the future.
Time will tell.
DH
I must say, I am a bit surprised at your expectations regarding the default MSFS ATC system. Microsoft or Lockheed Martin never really did anything substantive with the skeletal ATC system that was in FSX for well over *10-15* years. Asobo appear to be following a similar path, leaving that to third party development, to the likes of Pilot2ATC, PF3, and of course options like VATSIM and Pilotedge. Or if not leaving it to 3rd parties, Asobo may have so much on their plate that ATC simply is getting a glacial pace of improvement.

It may be ill-advised to hang ones hopes on the default MSFS ATC as being anywhere close to the 3rd party options any time soon. As for myself, I'm looking to other areas of that sim to improve -- one of those is the flight model, in particular the ground modelling mentioned in this thread. Right now I'm experimenting with the FlyingIron Hellcat, which has a custom-coded taildragger model. I won't speak to its accuracy as we can get spoiled by certain taildraggers in P3D... :mrgreen: ... but in any case it's interesting.
Rhett

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Mace wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 23:38
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 10 Oct 2022, 18:57 I have to admit I'm liking FS2020 more as time passes. It needs work for sure but the potential is there. Right now for me anyway it's basically a VFR sim as Asobo for some reason seems hell bent on avoiding the absolutely unbelievably bad ATC interfacing.
As I said........a work in progress. I honestly believe that FS2020 IS the go-to sim of the future.
Time will tell.
DH
I must say, I am a bit surprised at your expectations regarding the default MSFS ATC system. Microsoft or Lockheed Martin never really did anything substantive with the skeletal ATC system that was in FSX for well over *10-15* years. Asobo appear to be following a similar path, leaving that to third party development, to the likes of Pilot2ATC, PF3, and of course options like VATSIM and Pilotedge. Or if not leaving it to 3rd parties, Asobo may have so much on their plate that ATC simply is getting a glacial pace of improvement.

It may be ill-advised to hang ones hopes on the default MSFS ATC as being anywhere close to the 3rd party options any time soon. As for myself, I'm looking to other areas of that sim to improve -- one of those is the flight model, in particular the ground modelling mentioned in this thread. Right now I'm experimenting with the FlyingIron Hellcat, which has a custom-coded taildragger model. I won't speak to its accuracy as we can get spoiled by certain taildraggers in P3D... :mrgreen: ... but in any case it's interesting.
Yes they will certainly leave ATC itself to 3rd party devs. It's a large topic with a ton of local differences. But ATC can only advice the AI to fly here and there. The AI itself is so fundamentally broken that any work on ATC is lost time and effort atm. Two days ago I finally installed FSLTL (That skin merger for Real Traffic) and now I have all the airlines on approach and taxi at the airports. The problem is the behaviour of this AI: An A320 landed, shot along the runway without braking and left it via an high speed exit at ~100knots. it made a huge turn across the whole apron while braking, stopped inside a hangar, turned 120 degrees to the left like a tank and then taxied to its gate. Another airliner shot across another airport (Somewhere between LAX and San Diego) at maybe 1500 ft or less and a Citation took off from Jackson Hole DTO the mountains to the west. Maybe issue number 2 and 3 are caused by ATC but at least the first one is a problem with the AI. And it's only one example.

Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Blitzer »

MarcE wrote: 16 Oct 2022, 05:46
...An A320 landed, shot along the runway without braking and left it via an high speed exit at ~100knots...
Did it have a Wizz Air livery by any chance? :wink:

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

😂

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”