Question for somebody knowledgeable in FS2020 settings?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Question for somebody knowledgeable in FS2020 settings?

Post by DHenriques_ »

Hi;
Got a question please;
Note before I ask this that I have the taxi ribbon selected in settings.

I seem to have two things in 2020 I can't figure out.
1. I have the taxi ribbon selected in settings. I land places (usually large or medium sized airports with hard surfaced runways and rarely get the blue taxi arrows. I've tried clicking on ground services with ATC and gotten no result. I've also used ground control and not seen them.
Am I missing a setting somewhere or a step in a path I might be missing?

2. The AI parking guys in the yellow suits;
After landing how do you find a ramp guy who parks you with signals? Do I have to follow the exact path given by ground control to find the guy......and if so is that the ONLY way to find the ramp guy to park you? In other words if I can access the blue arrows will I find a ramp guy waiting for me at the end of that blue arrow line and ONLY THERE?
If #2 is correct, then the big issue seems to be how to get the taxi arrows after each landing?

Thanks for the help;
DH

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Re: Question for somebody knowledgeable in FS2020 settings?

Post by Adam_NZ »

ATC, taxiways and ground/pushback services in MSFS 2020 seem to have minds of their own. Taxiway ribbons may depend on whether it's a default airport or an addon ... not sure ... but as to *visibility*, then this might help:
https://flightsim.to/file/18448/subtle- ... compatible

If you've not visited flightsim.to before, then you should - it's an excellent resource.
--
Image--Image

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Adam_NZ wrote: 09 Sep 2022, 17:05 ATC, taxiways and ground/pushback services in MSFS 2020 seem to have minds of their own. Taxiway ribbons may depend on whether it's a default airport or an addon ... not sure ... but as to *visibility*, then this might help:
https://flightsim.to/file/18448/subtle- ... compatible

If you've not visited flightsim.to before, then you should - it's an excellent resource.
Thank you very much for the reply.
DH

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

I got this from 'somthingbrite' at the FS website;

Logic works thus.

Edit to add TLDR

If landing registered good = ground crew spawn somewhere.
If landing not registered. = No ground crew
If take off triggered = ground crew de-spawn

Watch the “objectives” - ground crew presence will correspond to objectives stage.

Default (No ATC) location may not be same as ATC assigned location +/- your choice.
Ground crew will de-spawn/re-spawn

If your landing meets the criteria for “end of flight” then there will be a ground crew team at a spot which is assigned to you.

Mess up that “end of flight” criteria (by leaving then entering a runway - which then triggers “flight about to start” logic) and the MARSHALL will vanish. (But usually the hand tug remains)

If you respond to ATC, it’s actually possible they will assign a different parking spot etc. In this the Marshall/crew de-spawn from the original spot and appear elsewhere.

There is one particular airport in Africa where the ground crew will largely always spawn at one parking spot and then ATC will assign another which is almost right next to it. You can see both spots from the taxiway/runway and watch them de-spawn/re-spawn in front of you. (Might be HKJK or HKRE)

Crew seen to always spawn at the same parking spot. ATC seems to always assign the same parking spot.

Since SU5 the baton seems visible at medium range but vanishes as you get closer. (LOD trigger issue as also observed with other scenery assets)

There is an odd ATC/airport perimeter limit bug I have noted somewhere else.
If you respond to ATC they actually send you to a parking which is pretty far away. So far in fact that the Pilot log will log a “vicinity” rather than the airport as your end point. So it seems that the ATC default parking is outside the airport perimeter.

It seems like it is hit or miss and I wonder if one would cross a secondary runway after landing it could de-spawn the marshal. I was surprised there were only a few posts on this on the MSFS website. I usually add my parking spots to my flight plan and even then they are not always there. Hopefully this will be looked at by Asobo at some point but I'm sure they have their hands full with more important things. Hope this helps a bit.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

jeepinforfun wrote: 12 Sep 2022, 13:55 I got this from 'somthingbrite' at the FS website;

Logic works thus.

Edit to add TLDR

If landing registered good = ground crew spawn somewhere.
If landing not registered. = No ground crew
If take off triggered = ground crew de-spawn

Watch the “objectives” - ground crew presence will correspond to objectives stage.

Default (No ATC) location may not be same as ATC assigned location +/- your choice.
Ground crew will de-spawn/re-spawn

If your landing meets the criteria for “end of flight” then there will be a ground crew team at a spot which is assigned to you.

Mess up that “end of flight” criteria (by leaving then entering a runway - which then triggers “flight about to start” logic) and the MARSHALL will vanish. (But usually the hand tug remains)

If you respond to ATC, it’s actually possible they will assign a different parking spot etc. In this the Marshall/crew de-spawn from the original spot and appear elsewhere.

There is one particular airport in Africa where the ground crew will largely always spawn at one parking spot and then ATC will assign another which is almost right next to it. You can see both spots from the taxiway/runway and watch them de-spawn/re-spawn in front of you. (Might be HKJK or HKRE)

Crew seen to always spawn at the same parking spot. ATC seems to always assign the same parking spot.

Since SU5 the baton seems visible at medium range but vanishes as you get closer. (LOD trigger issue as also observed with other scenery assets)

There is an odd ATC/airport perimeter limit bug I have noted somewhere else.
If you respond to ATC they actually send you to a parking which is pretty far away. So far in fact that the Pilot log will log a “vicinity” rather than the airport as your end point. So it seems that the ATC default parking is outside the airport perimeter.

It seems like it is hit or miss and I wonder if one would cross a secondary runway after landing it could de-spawn the marshal. I was surprised there were only a few posts on this on the MSFS website. I usually add my parking spots to my flight plan and even then they are not always there. Hopefully this will be looked at by Asobo at some point but I'm sure they have their hands full with more important things. Hope this helps a bit.
Thank you. This is extremely useful data. Deeply appreciated.
DH

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”