XPlane 12

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Re: XPlane 12

Post by bullfox »

Well, whats called the final version of Xplane is out but from what I can tell a lot of the troops are not happy about it. Seems like people expected more.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Skyhawk54
Airman

Post by Skyhawk54 »

X-Plane 12 is not final, 12.5 might be when all's said and done 3 to 4 years from now.
12.0 is final, now the refinements will start, ie: 12.1, 12.2, 12.3 etc., X-Plane 12 is just starting!
I've been using X-Plane since the end of version 4 and have to say this is the best beta release, I've ever seen from them.
Image[/URL]
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

I am still mostly happy with P3D5.3 I am hoping A2A will get the Comanche out for Xplane 12, but I guess we will see.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

Redglyph wrote: 01 Nov 2022, 10:21
GaryRR wrote: 25 Sep 2022, 11:02 I don't know what region you VFR but I can tell you my home area, Pennsylvania USA has the correct rerrain and geography. The town footprints are mostly correct and the streets and roads. Enough so for me to VFR based on my native familiarity.
I'm in Europe, maybe that explains why XPlane looks so bad since Austin doesn't live here. And since only the large countries get expensive Orbx sceneries there is no way to use it as a trainer for VFR - I've tried but the textures, roads and trees for example are not aligned properly, so I get buildings and trees in the middle of roads and fields, and textures of roads beside the "3D" road itself. Airport sceneries stand out as if they had nothing to do in the land scenery. Then there are none of the visual landmarks we use when flying. It makes the whole experience unrealistic and feels cheap (when it's anything but).

Marvin's screenshot above summarizes it pretty well. :)
Try Simheaven xWorld Europe 2.2
Armin, Simheaven developer is based in Frankfurt, Germany. He knows Europe. He is already on the third upgrade since developing for version 12.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”