Garmin question about the 750?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Garmin question about the 750?

Post by DHenriques_ »

Just a shot in the dark here; I just want to know if anyone else has had this issue.

Anybody know if there is an existing bug in the Asobo code (prior SU10 of course) causing the aircraft icon on the map page when a flight plan has been entered and being flown, to align to the right of the magenta course line? I am using the Garmin 750 (free version)
If this actually IS a bug, do you know if Asobo has been advised and working on a possible fix for SU10?
Thanks

Bat29
Airman

Re: Garmin question about the 750?

Post by Bat29 »

Hi Dudley,

I have noticed this too. Always shown approx 0.1nm lateral deviation from the magenta line. If this of course, is what you are referring too. Furthermore, I have noticed this with all GPS's available, PMS etc. and even on Navigraph charts (SID's and STARS's) plate tracking as well. I have always assumed this to be a bug of Asobo's. Would be nice to see a fix for this eventually.

Robert C

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Bat29 wrote: 03 Sep 2022, 09:32 Hi Dudley,

I have noticed this too. Always shown approx 0.1nm lateral deviation from the magenta line. If this of course, is what you are referring too. Furthermore, I have noticed this with all GPS's available, PMS etc. and even on Navigraph charts (SID's and STARS's) plate tracking as well. I have always assumed this to be a bug of Asobo's. Would be nice to see a fix for this eventually.

Robert C
After I posted my question I tried some more test flights using the Garmin. My flight plan revealed the same aircraft/magenta line offset as before. This occurred in both the flight plan mode and the direct to mode.
Simply by chance I happened to change the RANGE to 5NM and the aircraft icon then was aligned with the magenta line. INTERESTING!
Apparently the code only lines up the icon at one range and if you zoom in or out the icon moves away from the course line.
I'm still testing but this "find" has to be pertinent to a bug somewhere related to the Garmins.
DH

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 03 Sep 2022, 11:26

Robert C
After I posted my question I tried some more test flights using the Garmin. My flight plan revealed the same aircraft/magenta line offset as before. This occurred in both the flight plan mode and the direct to mode.
Simply by chance I happened to change the RANGE to 5NM and the aircraft icon then was aligned with the magenta line. INTERESTING!
Apparently the code only lines up the icon at one range and if you zoom in or out the icon moves away from the course line.
I'm still testing but this "find" has to be pertinent to a bug somewhere related to the Garmins.
DH
Just in case someone else has this issue with the Garmin I believe I found the answer. Apparently the aircraft icon will parallel the magenta line at some distance to the side at any range that exceeds 5NM out or less than 5NM. At 5NM the aircraft is perfect on the course line as it should be.
DH

Bat29
Airman

Post by Bat29 »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 04 Sep 2022, 00:46
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 03 Sep 2022, 11:26

Robert C
DH
Just in case someone else has this issue with the Garmin I believe I found the answer. Apparently the aircraft icon will parallel the magenta line at some distance to the side at any range that exceeds 5NM out or less than 5NM. At 5NM the aircraft is perfect on the course line as it should be.
DH
Nice find Dudley!

Next time I'm in the sim I'll be sure to check it out. I am curious if this affects the 530/430 gns and the 750/650 gtn the same (PMS version). Been flying a lot of airliners in the sim recently (PMDG 737) and I notice no matter what plate I'm looking at in the Navigraph charts, weather it's an approach plate, SID or STAR, including IFR enroute charts, the aircraft icon is slightly right of the track line of the charts. Don't know if this is related or not, of course not a big deal, but I have scratched my head wondering :lol:

Robert C

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Dudley,

As far as I know Working Title are eventually going to rework the whole GPS and planning system. Currently the G1000 is in the Marketplace as a „free purchase“ but will eventually replace the Asobo version as a new standard. My expectation is that this will also affect the course drawing and tracking in general. The WT version has no such issues after all. In the meantime it‘s highly advicable to use the free PMS50 mods as mentioned before. I don‘t think it‘s worth to understand the Asobo generated issues except you do it for A2A‘s development 😅

Bat29
Airman

Post by Bat29 »

I can sincerely vouch for PMS's GTN and GNS gps for FS. The paid and free version. The guy has really done a awesome job, despite the limitations of MSFS at present. Plus, the guys always active on his discord channel and releases frequent updates as well.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”