Been a while...

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Been a while...

Post by G-BJPS »

Hey folks, been a while eh!
Just thought I'd stick my head in the door and check you're all doing OK in this clown world.

My PC GPU died beginning of last year....that original rig I had since 2014.
Plus unfortunately I hadn't been on flight sim for a few years before that.
I actually kinda got sick of constant PC updates and all the complications that come with them.

Find myself older now at 46 :shock: and more enjoying chill gaming on my PlayStation.

Anyway....if the conversation ever arises about aviation/aviation sims, I always mention A2A and speak fondly of them, Scott, and the whole team, all the adventures I had, and the wealth of knowledge I learned, which I'll be ever grateful of!

Anyway, hope you're all well.
Stay mentally strong....peace and freedom to all.

John.
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Been a while...

Post by Jacques »

Hi John! Nice to see a familiar nickname checking in! :D

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Jacques wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 18:38 Hi John! Nice to see a familiar nickname checking in! :D
Hey Jacques, thanks.
Hope you're well.
Still all the familiar folks here I see!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey, thanks for coming to stop by. Though your on the wrong platform, if you go Xbox then you can jump in on MSFS on the console :lol:

We don't have any MSFS products yet but its still a blast and has fly over your house feeling more than any previous sim by a long shot!

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Greetings from a fellow quadragenarian! I just turned 42 myself. Been here eight years now. Ron's brand of humour keeps me coming back even when postings in other subjects are light.

Computer updates frustrate me as well, but I think on balance it's worth putting up with them. Not looking forward to 2025 when Windows 10 updates stop coming.

Edit: should have credited dvm and ratty and everyone else who keeps this forum upbeat too. You're all great!

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 07:21 Hey, thanks for coming to stop by. Though your on the wrong platform, if you go Xbox then you can jump in on MSFS on the console :lol:

We don't have any MSFS products yet but its still a blast and has fly over your house feeling more than any previous sim by a long shot!

cheers,
Lewis

Hey Lewis!! Trust you're well buddy! Seems such a long time ago now when we met at Cosford with Peter Mathess too!

Haha yeah! I actually considered buying an Xbox (first time ever) just for MSFS! May still do it at some point, but I'm still wanting to get a PS5 too whenever they're available! :roll:

Good to hear from you man!

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

ClipperLuna wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 13:29 Greetings from a fellow quadragenarian! I just turned 42 myself. Been here eight years now. Ron's brand of humour keeps me coming back even when postings in other subjects are light.

Computer updates frustrate me as well, but I think on balance it's worth putting up with them. Not looking forward to 2025 when Windows 10 updates stop coming.

Edit: should have credited dvm and ratty and everyone else who keeps this forum upbeat too. You're all great!
Hey Clipper! "Fellow Quadragenarian" 😂 Not heard that before lol! But I'll use it now! Yeah 40's suck as we're half way finished!
Goes so fast eh! I honestly don't even feel like I've been alive that long, and certainly don't feel that age mentally!

Old Ron still knocking about is he!?
Sure was dry bless him!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

G-BJPS wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 14:05 Hey Lewis!! Trust you're well buddy! Seems such a long time ago now when we met at Cosford with Peter Mathess too!

Haha yeah! I actually considered buying an Xbox (first time ever) just for MSFS! May still do it at some point, but I'm still wanting to get a PS5 too whenever they're available! :roll:

Blimey that is going back a bit, a few years later I managed to get everyone over from A2A for the event and we had a blast! Hoping that eventually the FS show guys can host again as it was such a neat event.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Post by G-BJPS »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 17:55
G-BJPS wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 14:05 Hey Lewis!! Trust you're well buddy! Seems such a long time ago now when we met at Cosford with Peter Mathess too!

Blimey that is going back a bit, a few years later I managed to get everyone over from A2A for the event and we had a blast! Hoping that eventually the FS show guys can host again as it was such a neat event.

cheers,
Lewis

Yeah it was a while back eh! 2015 or 2016 maybe?

Yeah hopefully they'll have it there again now, and would be great to meet up with Scott and family too there!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”